Chapter 8

Day 3/4

I was awoken in the middle of the night by Levi trying to contact me through our mind link.

"Eren...Eren wake up."
"Mhm..Levi what's wrong, it's late?"
"Sorry to wake you but my investigators have managed to know your exact location, but we also found out that Jean isn't coming back on Tuesday like we hoped but he is actually coming back tonight in about an hour and a half!"
"Wh-what but what happens if you guys don't get to me in time, w-w-what happens if he starves me again lik-like he did before he went away, WHAT HAPP-"
"EREN, calm down, my investigators are already on their way there and so am I, I also have a few security guards coming with me just to make sure that they will be able to have my back if something dangerous was to happen while I was protecting you, okay...so just take a deep breath and calm down."
"Okay...okay...I'm fine now...sorry...I-I was just panicking, because I have gotten so close to you and I don't want to lose you... you know"
"Ye-hey...don't cry, i promise nothing is going to happen to you,"

He hugged me tightly in my head and kissed my head lightly.

" I promise I'm not going to let him get you again, I'm not even going to let him lay a finger on you and if he does, which isn't going to happen, I promise I will be there to protect you, even if it costs me my life, I'll keep talking to you, but I am on my way ,I'm around about three quarters of the way there already, so just keep tight for me, okay..."

I nod slightly,his words always seem to calm me whenever I'm depressed or stressed out he has this calming affect on me and I have never experienced something like this before, not even when my family was around, but I can tell, by the softness of his voice and the way he treats me, that he cares for just as much as I care for him.

I can already tell I'm falling for this man and I just hope he thinks the same about me.

"God..., I think I love you already."

I was caught off guard when Levi said that, but at the same time I was extremely happy, I can't believed he loves me.
But I couldn't help but feel a little suspicious about the timing of that sentence.

"Hey...Levi?"
"Hhm?"

He replied while moving his head to rest on top of mine.

"Were you well...were you by any chance reading my thoughts just then...?"

He moved to head so he could look me straight into my eyes, from the corner of my eye I saw him smirk slightly.

"Annnnddd if I was?"
"YOU ARE SUCH AN ASS"

I immediately tackled him to the floor, and he burst out laughing.

"K-okay I'm sorry I'm sorry"

I stopped what I was doing, stood up and turned the other way.
My heart hurt, it stung to know that he only said that because he heard me say it inside my head.
I shouldn't have trust him so easily, how could I have let my guard down, I should ha-

I froze from shock, two large arms rapped around my waist, turned me around and pulled me closer to their chest.

" Hey your rambling, and you forgot to block your thoughts out.
Also you shouldn't say stuff like that!"

I huffed, annoyed.

" Like what?"
"That I don't love you"

What is he talking about, it's obvious he only said that he loved me was because he was trying to act nice, I mean I wish he did love me, because I don't want to loose him, even though I have only know him for a few days it seems like I have known him for years.

But he is the one who shouldn't be messing with my feelings, I'm extremely sensitive and emotional, I could break down at any point, but I don't want to right now, I want to show him that I am strong not weak, because I'm sure that's all he saw me as when I had my little break down earlier.

His grip on my waist tightened.

" Listen, everything that comes out my mouth is true, I already know that you are extremely emotional, that's why I'm not messing with your feelings, but at the same time I know you are a very independent individual.
Over the last few days you have been amazing, you have been my pride and joy in my life and you light up my world. All my friends all notice my change of behaviour and when they ask about it I always say 'I found someone special'.

I promise I would never mislead you."

Levi said looking at the top of my head, he carefully removed his hands from my wait and grabbed my chin making me look at him, he then grabbed both of my hands and continued.

" Eren....I-I love you..so much it's hard to believe, you are the only person I have ever loved and I hope you will be my first for everything, just like I hope I will be your first for everything.
So please-please believe me when I say I love you, and believe me when I say that one day I will marry you, and it will be on the beach just like you always wanted..."

I looked up at him, to see if anything that he said was a lie...but all I saw was the truth, he had tears in the corner of his eyes and a small smile, to let me know that he wasn't joking.

I immediately jump into his arms and rap my arms around his neck as his rap back around my waist. He picks me up slightly, still hugging me, and begins to nuzzle into my scent glands as I nuzzle into his. His scent smells like old books and tea, it might of sounded extremely weird but I think it's absolutely amazing, his scents just draws me in.

"Hm, you smell like chocolate and vanilla"
" I'm glad you like it, you smell like old books and tea"
"Well, I do like my tea, but mine sounds boring compared to yours, you smell delicious.

He gently sets my feet back on the ground, and removes his arms from around my waist, but before he does, I grab them and keep them in place.

" What's wrong Eren?"
" Nothing it's just I love your scent, even if you think it's weird, i think it feels relaxing and it has a calming affect on me, it's like your scent is telling me that your gonna protect me and that your always going to be by my side."

He quickly raps his arms tightly around my waist once again, as I move mine back around his neck.

We stay like that until from the corner of my eye, in reality, I see someone go past the window and I'm pretty sure that isn't Levi.