Ch. 10

"I hope you like the food. It's my abuela recipe." Marisol smiles as she puts down a bowl of corn and salad. "Of course she'll like it, your cooking is amazing babe" Jordan says given me a strange look as if he's trying to tell me something with his eyes.

 "Yea, can't wait to try it" I said while giving Jordan a confused look. Looking down at the plate trying to figure out what is wrong with it until it hit me.

"She can't cook" I stated through the mind link. "Sadly yes. Just pretend to like it" he says as he grab his fork and start twirling it in the spaghetti. Taking a deep breath he ate it.

"Go ahead and dig in" Marisol gave me the biggest smile then eat her food. Dear lord I know I haven't been to church in awhile and have many..... many sins, but I hope you'll forgive me and keep me on this ugly, yet beautiful world. Amen.

Picking up my fork I twisted it to get some spaghetti. Taking one last look at Jordan to see he's looking back at me I put the food in my mouth.
.
.
.
Spitting the food out "What the-"

Jayla!

I started coughing. Grabbing my cup of ice tea I chugged it. Marisol looks concern.  "Sorry. Food went down the wrong pipe"

"I'll get you some more tea" grabbing my cup she walk back into the kitchen. As soon as she was gone I turn to Jordan "what the hell did I just eat!?" I whispered yell.

"Her grandma spaghetti" sighing he leans back in his chair and run his finger threw his hair. "Well her grandma don't love them and is trying to kill the family. I mean how the hell do you mess up spaghetti and what the hell is that chuncky stuff that's in it. "

Opening his mouth to say something I cut him off "And don't say it's ground beef because THAT is not it. I can't believe she tried to kill me. On second thought I can believe it."

"I know, I know it's bad-"

"Bad. I almost died. Wait how are you able to eat it?"

"Unfortunately I think my stomach got kinda used to it." Shaking my head I had a great idea. Grabbing my plate I scoop most of it onto Jordan's plate just in time for Marisol to come back and sits back down.

"So jayla any plans for the weekend?" She asked taking a bite of that thing she calls food. "No not really. Gotta work Saturday"

"Wow work on a Saturday gotta suck" noding my head I decided to just eat the salad and corn. Luckily they were actually good. "So that guy you were with at the bowling alley. Are you guess dating"

"No but he kind of asked me out" squealing she claps her hand fast "Tell me is he your mate?" Looking down at my plate I shook my head no. "Aww I'm sure he's out there somewhere looking for you"

Chuckling I took a sip of my ice tea "trust me he's not" frowning she changed to a different topic."When's  your birthday?" Why do she want to know my birthday? "June 1st"

"Wow why didn't you tell us. We could have thrown a party. I know let's have one now for missing it. What was things you liked to do for your birthday parties?"

  "I never had a birthday party, gift, and all of those other things people get or do for their birthday."

"Really. why?"

"Well when your parents decide they don't want you and your pack hates you, you don't get to really have a birthday." feeling the change in mood she mutters a sorry then direct her attention to Jordan and start a new conversation.

************************

"Thanks for eating her food" dinner is over and Jordan and I are cleaning up while Marisol is upstairs taking a shower.

"No prob. Just don't put me in that position again."

"I won't" laughing  he handed me the wet plate to dry. "Who's that guy?"

"What guy?" Drying the plate I put it where it's supposed to be. "The guy who asked you out" he says as he continue to wash the dishes. "Don't worry about it. It's none of your business."

Growling he pushes me against the counter. Looking into his now black eyes I smirked "watch it. Keep acting like this I'll think you're jealous"

"You're my mate that means it is my business" trying to push him away was pointless. "I am not your mate, Marisol is. You didn't  want me remember."

"Stay away from that guy" moving away from me he looks me up and down. "And if I don't" I said as I walk out of the kitchen.

"I alpha Jordan King command you, Jayla Thomas, to stay away from that guy who was at the bowling alley." I can't believe he just did that and the worst part is even though he doesn't know Isaiah name, he remembers Isaiah face so the command worked.

"Fuck you" I said lowly trying to control my anger. "You already did" was his comeback. That's it.

"You're right I did fuck you and I can't wait until Marisol finds out her precious alpha cheated on her with his mate" with that I left the house. Taking off my clothes I shift into my wolf. Carrying my clothes in my mouth I run home.

_______________________________
AN

Hi guys I know its been awhile. This is/was my first year in college. Which was stressful as fuck. I had to focus more than I had to in high school (obviously cause it's college). I'm trying to find some down time where I can write. Also I had writers block.

I'm thinking about doing a Q&A for people who are about to start college or just want to know what it's like.

Anyways I hope you've enjoyed this chapter.

Vote&Comment