Ch. 18

I can't believe my eyes. Diamond. It's really her. She stares at me for a moment before smiling and hold her hand out.

"Hi I'm diamond" I can't believe it's really her and I don't think she remembers me. "Hi I'm Jayla, Ethan mom" shaking her hand she continue to stare at me. "You look familiar. Do I know you?" before I get a chance to say anything a familiar voice calls for her.

"Mom I'm over here" oh no I don't know how to deal with this right now. Before I could escape with Ethan Jasmine walks up to us and immediately stop. She stares at me with tears in her eyes.

Suddenly she pulls me into a hug "Jayla it's you, it's really you" her body starts to shake as she cry on my shoulder. Pulling away she wipe her tears "I tried everything. Calling, going to your job, the hospital and couldn't find you anywhere."

"I'm sorry" was all I could say as images of Isaiah flashes in my head. "Something very special came up and I left without telling anyone" I said smiling down at Ethan. Looking at Ethan realization hits her.

"You were pregnant" not able to say anything I nodded my head. "And I'm guessing he's not Isaiah's" shaking my head no I knew where this was going

Holding my hand up I stopped her from saying whatever she was going to say "no I didn't cheat on him per say. We wasn't together...when I...."

"Fucked someone who wasn't my brother"

"By the way I wanted to ask you something about that night my brother died" I think my heart skipped a beat. "What about it?" I ask

"You was with him that night. I mean of course you were cause he told me he was going to your birthday party. I guess what I'm trying to ask you is what happened that night?" Flash backs of that night flooded my mind.

Taking a deep breath I tell her "that night he did show up to my party and he got into a fight with a guy there" memories of Jordan wolf on top of Isaiah floods back "thankfully other guys there broke it up before it got too bad and I told Isaiah to leave and I would call him tomorrow."

"But you didn't call him" she said threw gritted teeth "I tried calling you for three weeks straight and you didn't answer any of them. You just disappeared"

"That was because" because I watched as my ex-mate murder your brother and left his body on your front porch. "I found out I was pregnant and freaked out about it and left town"

"When I found out that Isaiah was dead I didn't have a reason to come back-"

"Until now. Why are you here now? You didn't even show up to his funeral" she cried while checking on diamond who was playing with Ethan.

"Did you even care about him? Love him?"

__________________
An

Hey guys. Yes I'm alive and no I didn't forget about this book or you guys. I've been busy with college and I still have writer's block 🤦 which I hate with a passion and I am sorry for this short chapter.