🔽 Two Bloods 🔼

Published On: 04.23.18

Words: 4.8K

Based off one of my most favorite animes of all time. (Some of you may recognize it :D in which case, please no hating. I tried.)  

👑🎋⛵🏯

Master Nagato and his group of slayers traveled around the world exorcising demons. It was a grave era, lain with danger at every step. Human villages were under constant distress, at times from bandits and the other times, from demons. Whatever could be salvaged from these was what had come to be known as happiness. And in these times, saviors such as Master Nagato were highly revered men who walked paths of white and black for the sole purpose of helping those who couldn't help themselves.

It was during one such hunt that their path was intercepted by a challenge that they hadn't met before.

A small village near the eastern river had encountered some trouble and Master Nagato had been summoned for help. Along with his eleven followers, he set out for the search. There had been many incidents involving disappearance of children and adults alike over the course of a month and not one had returned so far. Nagato smelled the work of a powerful demon all over this occurrence.

They were traveling through a forest when they found demon remains on the ground. Following its traces, the bunch came across several of them. They seemed to be engaged in a battle, circling around a force that kept cutting them down. Nagato observed the falling demons, big and small, and in the midst of all of them stood a woman. Her bow was braced and a sharp arrow flew through the demon ranks, cutting down yet another piece of their legion.

"A sacred arrow," he observed. "She is a priestess."

If she noticed the renowned slayers standing at the scene, she didn't show it.

"We must help her, Master Nagato!" exclaimed one of his followers.

Her eyes skid their way even as she readied her bow with not one, but two arrows simultaneously and sharply said, "I have no need of your aid."

Intrigued by the beautiful priestess and her fearsome show of slaughter, Nagato watched her poise as she let the arrows fly and with it, all the evil that had once encircled her lay at her feet. She paid no heed to any of them, instead walking around the corpses and disappearing from sight.

"She is powerful, Master," one slayer said.

"Indeed," agreed another.

His eyes followed the path she had taken, wondering who she was, then set off in the direction from where the demonic aura was coming.

*

When they finally reached the village, everything was quiet. There were human corpses strewn over the earth. No sign of life remained.

"Alas, we were too late," one man hung his head followed by the others. They said a silent prayer for the deceased.

"Villagers!" Nagato called. "Please come out. Tell us what happened. We shall help you."

No one emerged.

"Villagers! Be not afraid!" a follower stepped forward. "We are demon slayers with Master Nagato."

Minutes later, a small boy emerged from within a hut, his terrified eyes teary, pleading with him. "Are you really going to help us?"

Nagato's eyes softened. The boy was shaking and barely able to hold himself up. "Yes. Now, tell us what you can."