Chapter 1: Unspoken Words

Jordan's POV

As the sound of the afternoon bell filled the whole building, the halls were once again flooded with students exiting their classes.

"So are you going to the yearend party?" Christine excitedly exclaimed "uh, um I don't think I can. My Dad---"

"Absolutely not! Jordan you need go, come on it's the year end party you have to go!"
"But---" "HUSH! No excuses "she placed her finger on my lips "NO BUTS, I'll pick you up at nine! Tootles!" I slammed my locker. "But I-- No.... Hey Chris! Christineeee! UGHHHH." I groaned in defeat.

Christine is my best friend since I was 9, when we moved in town, she was the first person kind enough to tour me inside the campus, she is the perfect friend you can ever ask for she's thoughtful, supportive, and honest but in times like this she's very persistent.

"Dad! I'm home!" I shouted enthusiastically as I enter the house.

"I'm in the kitchen sweetie!"

"You're cooking? What's the occasion? And are you sure this is a good idea Dad last time you looked really creepy without eye brows."

"Ha-Ha" he said sarcastically "Well, your grandmother decided to drop by seven o'clock to have dinner." He replied as he struggled to season the chicken. "There!" He loudly exhaled when he finally finished seasoning the chicken.

"So, what comes after this? Can read the step five on the cook book is right over there." He said pointing the ragged cook book beside me.

He looks exhausted, it's obvious that he has been in the kitchen for hours. Ingredients like chopped onions, potatoes, lemons and rose marries are scattered all over the counter.

"Step five. Roast at 350° for exactly 45 minutes."
He sighed, as he bend over and placed the chicken inside the oven. "Now all we need to do is wait and clean." He smiled at his own accomplishment.

"By the way Gorge, Christine phoned me and she told me about the yearend party at Carl's place and I think you should go. Since you barely go outside the house."
"Uhg, not you too Dad, come on Nana is coming over I miss her."
I said in the saddest tone I could as I battered my eye lashes at him "Darling, that won't work this time, I already told her you're going and besides Nana will over here at seven you'll see her, your party is at NINE and we can still have dinner together. Now help me clean and set the table before Nana gets here."

My Dad is one of kind, he's the coolest, sweetest and strongest man I ever met. After my mom died because of cancer he did all he can to earn money and at the same time to fill the void that my Mom left. He became my Mom, despite his busy schedule he would pack me lunch, pick me up from school, he would even take me my ballerina classes, and he support me in everything I do and I love.

Paul's POV

"Is this the last box?" Carl said exhaling as he help me out the moving boxes into my room. "Yes." I replied as I set down a couple of boxes on the floor.

I've been friends with Carl since I was 4, he's one of my child hood friends, and he is my best mate. Even after I left town we stayed in touch. He is a thoughtful and a caring friend and I know I can always count on him.

"So you're coming to my party right?" he said sitting on the edge of my bed, playing with the picture of me and mom.
"I not sure man, I am not even close finishing this, I have to unpack my Mom's things too. You know her condition." I sighed.

I just moved back in town with my mother. After my dad left my mother decided to move back in town. Lately, she haven't been herself but nevertheless, no matter how often we fight, because of her drug addiction I will always be here to take care of her.

"Okay, man I understand. I should get going then I need to prepare, the party's at nine." he stood up and placed the photo in my desk.
"I'll swing by if I can. But considering the amount of things I have to unpack I don't think I can make it. By the way thanks for helping me with the boxes."

Jordan's POV

"Don't drink and drive okay. Call me and I'll pick you up okay?" He said as he kissed my forehead "Yes Dad, and you know I don't drink." I muffled in his chest. "I have to go Dad, Christine is waiting for me." "Have fun Gorge! I love you Princess!" he said as he waved me good bye "Dad! You're too loud!" I said in hissing in embarrassment, my Dad has his own ways of embarrassing me "Why are you embarrassed to say you love me too?" he shouted again, I looked back and glared at him "Love you too Dad." I said as silently as I can. "Oh! C'mon Gorge it's just Christine." I wave back as I get in to the car. "Bye, Mr. Valeriano! Don't worry I'll take care of Gorge." She shouted, as we drove through the drive way.

We arrived in front of Carl's house. The front door is open to let the night breeze enter the house.
When we entered the house, the walls was vibrating with its might with the loud music, it was filled with people I don't know and it's one of the many reasons I don't go to parties I am socially awkward I can't blend in, unlike Christine as soon as we arrived she disappeared into the crowd of people she practically a darling of the crowd.

I calmed myself and I sat at the corner of the room, Right at bottom of the stairs was a group of boys who is clearly tipsy, they are jeering at girls who clearly was at all costs avoiding them. I was about to bail when Carl spotted me.

He waved at me fanatically and I weakly smiled at him. Carl moved towards me pushing past the crowd of people. "I can't believe you came!" He said as he gave me a friendly hug, I can smell the vodka reeking out of him he clearly had too much.
"How long have you been here?"
I checked my watch"2 hours?" "Really? Why didn't you call me, wait here and I'll get you some coke."

Good old Carl, he knows me really well. He is one of my close friends aside from Christine. He is a compassionate and a kindhearted guy who always had my back.

"I have your soda, let's go get some fresh air." He grabbed my hand and took me out side. He handed me the bottle of coke and gulped down he's beer.
We sat quietly at the porch.
"You could go in if you like I fine by myself."
"It's okay. Besides, all of them are probably dunk right now." He smirked "Aren't you drunk?" "Nope!" he said with a popping the letter "P" "Absolutely not!"
"But you know what Gorge I am really glad you came." He said in a solemn tone
"I'm sure you are." I replied in a mocking tone. He's clearly drunk. "Gorge, I have something to tell you." "What is it?"

"You know I been wanting to tell this but I cannot find the courage I needed. Turns out the solution was just a shit load of vodka." he chuckled "I..I... I think...I"
"You think what?"
I looked him straight in the eye. He was fidgeting with his fingers. Is he really nervous? Why would he?
He took a deep breath "Look Gorge, we've been friends for almost 7 years now, what am I about to tell you is weird so please don't freak out."
"I can handle weird things so come on tell me, stop beating around the bush." He took another deep breath
"For years...Jordan I--I think I--" Then a sudden succession of shrill rings cut him out. He jumped up startled.
"Go ahead pick it up. Its fine I not going anywhere." Peering toward his phone, he hesitantly picked it up. "Hey. What's up?"
he looked worried "Calm down man, you just had too much beer. Just stay there and I'll call someone to drive you home, don't do anything reckless. I'll be there in a minute."
He hang up and looked at me hesitantly,
"You should go, I think your friend really needs you."

"I really sorry Gorge, I promise I'll be back as soon as I can."

"Don't worry, my Dad's on my way to pick me up any way." And I watched disappeared into the darkness.

I sat on the chair thinking about what was Carl about to tell me earlier, why was he so serious?
I was so caught up in my own thoughts, when I heard series of shrieking sounds that sliced through silence of the night, I was so shocked it gave me a jolt and which made me leap out of my seat.

Then I saw my Dad clutching his stomach. "DAD!!"