Chapter 2: A Broken Promise

Jordan's POV

The Broken Promise

Then he burst out of laughter, honking the horn once again, "Y-ou s-ho-uld have se--en you're fa-ce Gorge!" he said in between he's laughs. I glared at him and I slammed the door of the car "I almost had a heart attack."

"Don't be so dramatic Gorge, I'm just miss the old days when you were so easily fooled, and besides it's impossible for you to have an heart attack"

"and what made you so sure Dad? You're a lawyer Dad not a Doctor" "It's because I will make sure to fill your heart with love and happiness." He cockily replied.

"Don't be so cheesy Dad, just take me for ice cream and we'll call it a truce." I said as I happily grinned at him.

"Then ice cream it is! You know I can never win with you." "You're the best Dad!" He grinned as turned up the radio and we both stated to sing along with the song.

I got sunshine on a cloudy day when its cold outside I got the one for me, I guess

You'd say what can make me feel this way? My girl, my girl.

He wrapped his arm around me, and I feel so safe his arms. I guess the saying is true that Fathers are really superheroes. This was our song, we always sang this when I was a child, and this song always makes me nostalgic it reminds me of my sweet child hood memories.

We were about to cross the intersection at 5th avenue, when a loud ear-piercing sound of tires screeching came, it all happened so fast the lasting I saw was a car about to crash the driver's side.

"DAD! LOOK OUT!" I shouted, but it was too late a violent bang filled the silence, the sound of metal colliding, and tires screeching the asphalt all at once impaled my ears.

Drip, Drip, Drip I can hear the droplets as it hits the ground... am I am I dead? I can smell the horrible stench burning of tires.

"Gorge... wa--ke up. Gorge wake up plea--se. Go--rge"

I slowly opened my heavy lids, I saw spots in the corners of my vision, my head feel like the only thing inside of it was static "Go-r--ge" my father groaned.

"Oh my God, Dad... your bleeding NO.. No ... This can't be no, no," then the tears burst forth from my eyes. I could tasted the coppery blood pooling in my mouth.

"Gorge-listen to me I need you to be brave okay. The only thing I need you to do is get off of this car run far. Okay?"

"No Dad, I can't leave you here. I can't I just can't." I said as I desperately cover his bleeding stomach.

"I don't think I can make it Gorge, my foot is stuck. Remember Gorge, I love you. You are the most precious person in my life."

"No Dad.. no.. no. don't say that Dad, don't you dare say good bye. You're the only one I've got. You can't leave me alone in this world promise me Dad, promise and I'll do what you say."

"Okay, I'm going to be fine. Just get out of this car and go the telephone booth and call 911 and everything will be fi--ne." he said coughing.

He gently swept my hair which was sticky with my own blood across my face, "I promise Jordan." he said as he genuinely smiled at me, slowly removing my hands in his wound. Then I slowly got off the car, and walked towards the telephone booth, I looked back at him reluctantly, I can smell the burning stench getting worse.

"Gorge now run please, I promise I will always be with ---." Then there was an explosion, the sound was so loud I think it made me deaf. I can see a ball of flame and a fist of gray of smoke. The impact sent me flying a few meters away. "DAD!!!!!!!!!! NOOO!!" I tried to stand but can't, so a crawled.

"I'm coming Dad, I will help you just wait please," with every move I felt the aching cracks on my bones, "Dad ple-a-se don't lea-ve." Then suddenly nausea swirled over me, my head swam with half-formed regrets. My heart felt as if my blood had become tar as it struggled to keep a steady beat, I can't breathe it felt like the air was being sucked out of my lungs.

I can hear the distant sound of sirens, is there still hope? I looked up in the burning cars I am so close, just a little bit more but then I stopped, I give up. "I'm sorry Dad."My heart burned it feels like someone's squeezing my heart, my life out of me.

"Y-ou couldn't have be-en more w-rong Dad I'm having one right n-ow." I said between my struggling breaths.

My vision became blurry and my eye lids became heavy.

"1, 2, 3!"

"Stay with me ma'am! Stay with me."

"She's having a heart failure! Defibrillator! Clear!" The sounds were starting to fade. I closed my eyes as I let the veil of death at take me, everything turned into a vast of darkness.