Chapter 10: The boy with out a heart

Jordan's POV

I woke up from a restless sleep, soft sheet covered me and the morning light tickled through the blinds. Shedding myself of the remaining glimpse of a dream, my eyes were still shut. I deeply inhaled, the air was filled by the aroma of roses. I slowly opened my eyes lids adjusting to the brightness. Everything was still blurry. For a second, I don't where I am, or how I got here. But then as the memories of the past came back.

"Jordan?" Aunt Kezia's face loomed over mine. "I was so worried! I thought you'd never wake up!" she said weeping "How long was I asleep." "3 weeks."

"3 weeks?! How's Paul, Christine and Ca-" I stopped. Remembering what he did to me.

"Paul said he had some errands to run today." "You know that boy barley left the hospital, except for today I guess he would always change the flowers at your bedside" I smiled at the as I looked at the flower. "I'll go and give him a call okay?" I grinned. A few minutes later she came back. "He said, he have to visit his Grandmother, something came up."

A soft know came on our door, come in! "Gorge! I was so worried, I missed you! You scared the shit out of me. I thought-I thought you're going to - " she didn't get to finish her sentence and she started whipping as she hugged me. "I'm okay. Christine." I muffled though her hair. She stood up and fixed herself "By the way Paul asked me a favor to bring this to you" it was a letter and a rose.

I opened the letter.

Gorge,

I'm sorry I can't be there when you wake up. I'll be back soon.

-Paul

I waited for him to come, hours, days, weeks passed by but still he didn't come.

I lay staring at the celling of the hospital bed when my doctor came.

"You vital signs are back to normal Jordan, you will be discharge this afternoon." The doctor smiled.

I sighed, finally I can't wait to go home. I miss my room.

The day finally came, today I'll be going home. I was packing my things getting ready to get out of the hospital as Aunt Kezia pays the bills.

"Come in!"

"Is Jordan Valleriano here?" "Yep. You're looking at her." I answered.

"I am to deliver this to you," then he handed out a bouquet of red roses, I took and it a letter was on top of it.

I sat by the bed and opened the letter.

Gorge,

I heard you will get discharged today, I hope we can meet. (We can meet if just show up here at the hospital) I angrily thought.

I'll be waiting for you in the place we first met.

-Paul

I closed the letter, and breathe. "Who the hell does he think he is, why would I be the one to come to him?!" I said aloud. But my body wouldn't listen to me. I got up, called a cab to go to the cemetery.

As I walked around the cemetery to find him, and there he was standing in front of a tomb stone.

I slowly approached him, "Paul?" he turned around and smiled at me. He gently hugged me. "I'm glad you're okay." I pushed him a little bit to see his face "Really?! Cause from what I know you never visited me when I woke up. Jerk." "I'm sorry, the truth is I am really ashamed to face you."

"Why would you?"

"Because, I have something to tell you. And I don't think you would want to see me again after this. I'm running out of time Gorge, I sorry for not telling you this sooner and for telling you this when you just recovered."

"What is it." "Don't you notice something odd when you hugged me?" "No. Why? Was I supposed to notice something?" I hugged him again he chuckled. Wait.. How is this possible.. "Why- can't I hear your heart beat?"

"Because, Gorge I have no heart." I was dumfounded is he joking? "Am I supposed to laugh?" "I'm serious Gorge. Look."

In memory of a loving son. Paul Abuan.

"W-hy is your name on a tomb stone?"

"I'm dead Jordan, I died the night your father died. I'm a ghost."

"You were the drunk driver..." I said as I took a step backwards from him "the reason why my father is dead"

"How? I saw the car blew if you died How-" " I managed to get out of the my car before it blew, when I was still conscious the doctor was saying I have no chance of survival. The last face I saw was yours. The nurses were trying to revive you, and I heard them, for you to survive you'll need a transplant. I can feel death creeping through my life, I'm sure I would die, that's why I donated my heart. Then I woke up in the hospital. I realized everybody was passing through me. I saw my mom crying, I yelled at her that I'm right in front of her but she can't hear me."

"So this heart is y-our heart?" Is this a dream I pinched myself, No its not. How can this be? This is impossible.

"How can I see you then? How can everybody see and touch you?!"

"You can see me because you don't know the truth, and my anchor to this world is my heart."

"So as long as your heart beats through me? You'd live."

"No, Gorge. I cheated death we both did. So to balance it out. I made a deal."

"What deal?"

"No. Please don't leave me too Paul. I can't. I'll try my best to forgive you. I - I- will take care of your heart please just don't leave me."

"I'm sorry Gorge, I really am sorry. But it's inevitable. It's Coming I can feel his presence." he looked up in to the sky then his stared into my eyes.

"I love you Gorge." He smiled

My eyes were blurry, stream of tears fell down "I love you too." He hugged me tight and I hugged him too, seconds later I was hugging myself wailing. And the never ending pain started.