Chapter 9: Ghost

Paul's POV.

The machines beeped rapidly, Doctors rushed in and out rapidly, doctors rushed in and out from the door, the swish of blue gowns and strong scent of disinfectant tainting the air. My vision distorted as I pushed through the door. My footsteps echoed in my ears. I weave through the corridors finally reaching the waiting room. Her aunt rushed towards me, "Where is Jordan?! What happened?!" I craned my neck and pushed through people, my eyes falling on a small body being pushed through the hospital. She lay motionless in the stretcher, her chest barely rising. My mouth dropped at the sight of her eye lashes pressed against her cheeks, my legs automatically moved with the pace of the stretcher. Jordan...

"Sir, Ma'am you're not allowed to enter you need to leave." The doctor addressed both of us.

We both sat at the waiting area waiting for the doctors to open the door.

"What happened Paul?" then I told her what happened in Carl's place. She was shattered and shocked "I-I can't believe he did that."

"Which are the immediate family here?" Her aunt stood up. They talked for a couple of minutes when she returned to her seat.

"How is she?"

"She will go through an operation to fix her heart. Some of the artificial arteries that was placed before were ruptured. You should get yourself checked out to."

"No. I fine." "Then you should at least get some rest. I insist please. I'll give you a call once the surgery is done." I respected her wishes and left the hospital.

I came back to Carl's house to talk to him. What the heck is his problem? How could he do this to her?

We sat on the couch staring at each other. "Why? Carl? How could you?"

"You don't have the right to call yourself clean. Man. We both know what you did at the party." He can't possibly know, I am sure because he can still see me, when someone learns the truth about what am, I'll be invisible to them, my Mom is the living proof. The reason she can't see me is because she knows the truth.

"Let me ask you this, Paul. Why did you suddenly disappeared that night? I never saw you for 2 months, since the party."

"I - told you, I visited my grandmother." I answered

"You're not really good at lying Paul, then where is your car? Why suddenly ride a motor bike huh?"

"I-" I don't know what to say.

"See, If I told Gorge that you were the reason why her Dad died. I wonder would she still choose you? I don't know how you manage to survive the crash, I don't think you deserve to live Paul. If you did not drink and drive Gorge's father would still be alive."

I always blame myself for that accident, but hearing it from someone makes it more painful, it feels like your heart is being stab again and again. I bent covering my whole face with my hands. "You, don't have any right to go near her Paul, nor to love her. She's mine." I looked up he was standing in front of me, holding a knife, his shadow looming over me.

"You don't want to do this Carl." I said calmly.

Carl's POV

My speculations were right. But how the heck is he so calm. Does he not fear death?

"Put down the knife Carl." He said in a stern voice.

"You don't know what I want!" I yelled at him "I want you DEAD!" I shouted as I gripped the knife so hard my hands shakes. He stood up and held out his hand, "Give it to me and no one gets hurts. You're not yourself." He said looking me straight in the eye. Anger boiled inside me, I gritted my teeth to restrain myself but I can't.

I drove though the knife into his stomach, but- something happened the knife pass through him my hands passing through him. "W-hat are y-ou?" I started to step back "Didn't I tell you don't do it?" he said his stared at me viciously. I'm must be dreaming this is impossible, maybe I'm going crazy "No-this is impossible."

"You want to know the truth?"

The lights were suddenly flickering, he walked towards me, and I stumble backwards falling into the ground. "G-get away from me!" I yelled as I swing the knife towards him, again the knife only past trough him "That's not going to work Carl." I closed my eyes waiting for a blow but nothing came.

"Open your eyes Carl, look at me." I slowly opened my eyes, but darkness came the lights completely died. "Get away from me!" I yelled in the dark the air suddenly became still and ice cold.

A few second later the light turned on, and there he was. Chills ran down my spine, I stared at him in horror, I can't move. He was emaciated, dirt and girt all over his cloths and grimy body. His dark grey shirt, which use to be white was tattered and shredded mainly where his heart should be, his parts of his skin was burnt into a crisp and his milky white eyes bore into mine.

"Look at me Carl. You want the truth here it is."