Chapter 4: The Turning Point

Jordan's POV

"Where is it, I can't find it. Damn it." I said in frustration my diary is missing I've rummaging through my bedroom all morning. I am positive that I placed it in my bag yesterday. "UHGGG" I groaned as I once again check every drawer in my room. That was a gift from my Dad, maybe I left it somewhere in the cemetery or maybe—

"BREAKFAST!!" aunt Kezia yelled.

Crap, I going to be late "Coming!" I answered as I descended down the stairs.

"I running late, I have to go" I shoved all food I can in to my mouth.

"Hey! Eat properly and finish your breakfast Jordan!" "Sorry Aunt Kezia, I'm really running late."

"Do you want me to drop you off?" "No thanks aunt Kezia, I going to use my bike today. Bye!"

Minutes later, I stood in the door way of my History class.

"Good morning Mr. Hernandez." "You're late. Again. " "I'm sorry Sir, I had some errands to run"

He sighed as I took the last seat at the last row.

I can't help but think about where did I left my diary. Yearly my dad gives me a diary, this was the last diary he gave me I can't afford to lose it, maybe it's in my room, perhaps I--- "Excuse me Ms. Valleriano, you seem to be thinking about something, surely you can enlighten us about one the world's most significant historical event, the world war II ended in?" he asked rising his eye brow

"I—um I'm sorry I don't know"

"I was willing to be lenient, for obvious reasons Jordan, but the personal excuses should have ended with the summer break."

Then someone answered, "It ended in 1945 8th of May, when the Allies accepted Germany's surrender, about a week after Adolf Hitler had committed suicide."

"Thank you Mr.?"

"Abuan. Paul Abuan. Sir."

"Next time don't answer if you not being asked Mr. Abuan. Now, let's talk about the battle of Gettysburg. In the year 1863—"

Right then my never ending trails of thoughts started again, I didn't even noticed that the bell rang until Carl tapped my shoulder.

"Hey, Gorge. Aren't you going to your next class?"

"Oh. I didn't even notice the bell."

"You seem really distracted are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Something is just bothering me since this morning."

"Crap! I going to be late for English" I scrambled to and put my stuff inside my bag.

"Do you want to talk about it? Let me walk you to your class, I'm heading in that direction anyway"

"It's nothing. I'm fine, let's go. I don't want to get detention, for being late. "

After a couple of hours, the school bell rang again. Finally I could use some breake.

I was at the cafeteria, holding my tray and looking from side to side searching for my friends "Gorge! over here!" Christine enthusiastically waved at me. I headed into that direction pushing past students who were obviously chattering and gossiping.

Is that Paul sitting at our table?

"Gorge, I'm assuming you met Paul already? Christine asked "Yeah, we met yesterday. By the way how did you meet each other?" I answered back.

"Before you move in, Paul, Christine and I were already friends since we were 4. I'm sorry we didn't tell you earlier" He said as he eat his lunch. "It's not a big deal. I guess it just never came up." I grinned.