Chapter 1-- Faya

I looked around the corner and I couldn't believe my eyes. This was the first time I had seen the outside world in ages, they kept us cooped up in that little cave for so long it seemed like I hadn't seen nature in hundreds of years. Well I have seen nature before I mean Rosetta can grow anything with the touch of a finger but I haven't seen real, natural, not magic touched plants since I was six and that was just about ten years ago. I felt the breeze fluff my hair a bit and all of the sudden I heard a whisper behind me.
"Faya."  I heard, I pushed my flame colored hair out of my eyes and looked back into the tunnel back to the cave.
Two girls were standing in the small cavern path and I saw their jaws drop at the sight of the world outside, I chuckled.
"Shh!" the girl with the long blonde hair and flower crown said, that was Rosetta.
We're pretty close friends, we often practice our powers together. She'd grows a nasty type of plant and I'd burn it down with my flames. I turned my head and looked back at the trees and the warm grass, when I went to talk to the girls Lua was gone. Lua had mid-back length teal hair and she could turn invisible, I nearly jumped out of my skin when she appeared next to me and got to fully look out the hole in the wall herself.
"You're going to have to get used to me suddenly appearing next to you, it's only been sixteen years."
I had to hold back a laugh as Rosie walked up next to us, "Not quite sixteen Lua, but may I say. Wow."
This time I had to laugh and their stunned expressions, "We shouldn't be here Fay. How did you even remove the door? Wasn't it made of steel?"
" A little fire can fix everything." I responded, she sighed and there was a gasp that came from their end of the tunnel.
A girl with silvery hair and a knee-length dark blue dress came running at us followed by a girl with dark black hair with blue highlights. That was Aspen and Syrena, they were two of the more mature girls in the safe house even though they cheered like little girls when they heard anything about going outside. Aspen has energy powers while Syrena's are water powers, and like the cliche states Rena and I don't get along sometimes. Aspen was heaving by the time the got to the end of the tunnel and saw all the trees and the flowers, her eyes widened as she took in all of the colors of the outside world.
"This is amazing." Syrena said, my breath caught hopefully.
"But we're not supposed to be here, we could get caught or get in trouble. Or we  could get caught and be in a lot of trouble."
I let out my breath and took a step off of the cold stone and onto the warm grass that was heated by the sun.
Lua grabbed my arm, "what are you doing?" I spun around to look at them, I saw Aspen take a step onto the grass followed by Rosetta.
"I want to see the world guys. I want to be free from that prison cell and we can go on all the adventures we always want to go on!" Lua came out onto the grass and left only Syrena still in the tunnel, "Come on Rena."  Rosie said, "Live a little. Faya can light a fire so that when we come back we just need to look for the smoke."
Rena sighed and came out onto the grass, "Where to?" She asked, everyone did a little cheer and started to decide where they should go while I lit the fire.
I shook the leftover ashes off my hands and looked at the group, "Okay." Aspen said, " we decided to just run around the area and explore that way it won't be hard to find- wow that is a big fire."
Everyone laughed, "cool, which way?" "Whichever way I run!" Lua yelled and sprinted off into the woods.
I saw everyone starting to run after her, I shook my head and ran to join them. The blades of grass tickled the bottoms of my bare feet as as I ran to catch up with the others, I completely lost track of where I was going and I suddenly ducked under a branch and fell over. I pushed myself up off the ground and grunted, I decided to just walk instead of trying to catch up to them. I was a fast walker because my room was the farthest one from the eating and training rooms. I quickly caught up with Aspen who was not a fast runner, I heard her heaving when I got next to her.
"How are we supposed to keep up with Lua and Syrena?" She asked
I really didn't know how they ran so fast, I only knew which way they went because there was a trail of damp grass where Syrena had ran.
"No idea." I responded
She was slowing down so she could walk next to me,
"Are you excited to see the rest of the forest?" She asked
"I'm pretty sure I am."
"I think it should be fun."
"I hope so."
I was kinda nervous that we would be caught by someone, I'm not sure who, but someone is out there to get us. We were walking at a pretty brisk pace so we would catch up with the others soon. I really got to talk in all of the trees and plants that were outside of our small cavern home, I hiked over to the side of the path and lightly touched a large purple flower. It was relatively soft but still had this thin coat of slimy substance. I saw the others looking out a hole in the trees, oohing and aahing at whatever they were looking at. Aspen and I walked up to them and tried to push our way to the front of the group.
"Wow." Aspen said,
We were looking at a sandy beach, the water was clear blue and there were little pieces of colored beach glass.
"Cool!" I yelled and ran out into the warm sand.
Syrena was already standing at the edge of the water making waves crash on the beach with her powers, I couldn't touch the water it would fry my powers. Actually though I could still drink water and other liquids which was strange. I turned my head when I heard a the bushes rumbling, Rosetta was stretching vines from her hands to reach the fruit on the trees.
An hour later it was getting dark as we all layed on the beach, I saw the smoke go up into the air with little puffs.
"I'm getting tired guys." Syrena said,
"This has been fun, but we're in so much trouble."
I had never really thought about how much trouble we were going to be in, we weren't supposed to leave the cave because we could get caught by the government.
"Alright. I'm tired too, let's go home." Lua said.
We all got up off the sand and started walking back to the path, I couldn't really see the path so I was just heading in the direction of the smoke.
"Do you guys hear that?" Aspen asked,
No one turned their heads,
"Does anyone hear the people talking?" She asked again, worry present in her voice.
I heard it too this time,
"Someone is here." I said,
"We need to get back to the safe house now."