Chapter 2--Faya

I was nervous you could tell, I didn't know if the trainers, Caroline and Jacob had gone out to search for us or if... No. That isn't possible the government who hated elementals couldn't have found us right? Right?
"Get off the path." Aspen stated,
"Cut off into the trees." she added.
That made some sense, if we weren't on the main path the people would be less likely to find us. I was surprised that Lua wasn't invisible because she usually did that when we had to sneak around. We crept around the woods by the fire when we saw the people that were most certainly not our trainers,
"We knew we'd find you here." The woman announced.
"You can come out of the woods now girls." She said in a demanding tone.
I was scared, I didn't know who these people were or what their intentions were with my friends and I.
"This nice fire you built lead us right to you. You really should consider learning a little bit more about common sense."
Wow. I thought in my head, that was mean.
"What do you want with us?" Aspen asked
The woman smiled wickedly.
"You see that is rather simple. A long time ago our government-"
Shoot. Now the government is involved, Caroline told me that they wanted us dead but I wasn't sure why.
"Our government in the mirror realm was afraid of being overthrow just about sixteen years ago, the reason we were afraid, your kind. The elementals. They were more powerful than us, and while they were peaceful at the time we had no idea when they would uprise because of the way we were treating them.
"How were you treating them?" Lua said firmly,
"Oh that's right you guys treated them like dragon dung."
I was amazed by how easily Lua could speak up to the government officials, I on the other hand was frozen with fear.
"We didn't treat them any different than we treated the rest of our citizens."
"Lies!" Lua yelled, clearly trying to get Caroline and Jacob to hear.
"Oh child, don't try to warn your trainers. They committed treason, they have been executed."
My face fell in horror,
"You killed them!" I yelled
"Yes we did, and now we're here to kill you and your friends because we can not take any chances that the race will restart."
Now things were serious, they wanted to kill us.
"Run" I said to the girls standing behind me.
I wasn't that experienced with fighting people off with my powers but I guess it was do or die. I pushed my hands forward and sent flames shooting out at the man and the woman, suddenly more officials came out of the trees. I had pushed people away with the flames and ran away from the fire that I had lit earlier. Syrena was pushing water down with her hands and floating in the air, Rosetta had grown vines and trapped some of the bad guys and was quickly getting away by swinging on vines. Lua had just gone invisible and ran out, I couldn't see her so I didn't know if my assumption was true but we needed to get out more than we needed to take out all the officials. That left Aspen She was casting her energy powers down so she could fly like Syrena, and as I was running down the path I wondered if I could do that too. Syrena and Aspen we the first two to catch up with me and the landed a few feet behind where I was standing, Lua appeared next to us and Rosetta was quickly catching up. In just a few seconds everyone was standing there catching their breaths while we waited.
"Do you think they're gone?" Aspen asked.
"No." I said.
"They're either coming to get us or going to gather more fighters."
She frowned. And then there was a yell, the officials that weren't tied down freed the people that were and then they were all coming down the path and after us. I shook my head once and ran forward leaving my four friends behind me. As they came at me trying to grab my arms, I ran in a circle and casted a fire wall around them, trapping them inside. They wouldn't die, I'm not a killer but by the time the fire died down we'd be long gone. I ran to back to catch up with my friends.
"That was amazing Fay!" Rosie exclaimed.
"Not now we need to go! Into the woods!" I yelled.
We ran off into the wood staying at an average pace so we wouldn't get tired nearly as fast, we stopped for a quick break after running for a solid twenty minutes.
"We need to get as far away from here as possible, that firewall won't hold up forever."
There were nods of agreement in the circle and we could still hear the yells of the government officials that were trapped in the fire circle.
"Alright, let's get moving." Syrena said
We started walking instead of running to save energy but all I could think about was that both Caroline and Jacob had been brutally murdered. They were the closest thing I ever had to parents and now they were dead. I shuddered, Caroline or Carry as I knew her was never really the nicest person but she was there and she help protect and take care of us. Jacob on the other hand always made sure we had enough food, and he often read us bedtime stories when we were little. Caroline's death was sad but Jacobs was devastating. We walked farther into the forest, hours passed as we trudged and over time the wildlife surrounding us started to change, the weather got colder and there were less leaves on the trees and more on the ground. I was never really affected by the cold but you could see everyone else was clearly freezing.
"We're entering the tundra." I heard Syrena say,
"Where it snows, we're all going to freeze."
"Just keep walking, we'll get out of here eventually." I responded.
"It's almost morning and I'm exhausted." Lua said.
I was nervous, now that I think  about it I'm always worried. I worry about everything and everyone, it's a problem. We walked for what I think was another hour before stopping, Syrena was floating with her water powers and Rosetta was swinging on vines again but Lua, Aspen and I were walking.
"I'm tired!" both Lua and Aspen complained.
"We'll stop soon, I think we're far enough away from where we left those government officials."
She was probably right, we had to be a long way from those people, but they were most likely free from my fire trap and on their way to find us. They also worked for the government it was likely that they could find us quick using whatever resources they have. We stopped near a frozen lake that had a small rock formation on  the edge. There was a small shelf that was about five feet off the ground, we could stay in that for a little bit. I walked over to the rock and and used some of the hanging moss and vines to pull myself up into the little cave,
"Where are you going Faya?" Syrena asked.
"There's a little cave up here behind this moss that looks big enough for us to all rest in."
I heard a sigh come from pretty much everyone else in our a small group and they started to climb up into the cave the same way I did.
"Syrena can you breath underwater?" Aspen asked,
"Yeah." She responded
The cave was small and when you went in it dipped into a medium sized hole that we were sitting in. I was just waiting for something bad to happen I knew that soon we'd hear voices and they'd come for us again.
"Does anyone hear that?" Syrena said, breaking the silence.
If you could hear mental groans, mine would have given us away.
"That's wings. Wings flapping, and they sound big."
No. No. NO! Was all that was running through my head.
"Oh no." Lua said
Our world was very special, we had certain things that are dangerous and certain things that aren't. There is only one thing in this realm that is big enough to sound like that, a dragon.
"Dragons." I heard Aspen say.
"Death's kitty cat." Syrena said,
I had to stifle a laugh, Death's kitty cat! That's hilarious! A roar echoed through the area.
"This is not good. Not good at all." Syrena