Chapter 7--Rosetta

"What is the protection for?" I asked
"It keeps other people out but it acts as a city limit." Erza explained
"What does that mean?" Aspen asked
"Well pixies have powers just like elementals do, but a long time ago the kingdom didn't know what to do with these mysterious magic people so they herded us all into this giant cave and put up walls so we couldn't use our magic outside the walls."
I could see that Erza was hurt by this, she wasn't free to be special outside of these walls where people are watching.
"That's terrible, I'm so sorry." I said
"It's not your fault, I am sorry for what happened to your people, we were pushed away but they were slaughtered."
Her eyes were dim as she tilted her head down in respect for the people who died.
"So you have powers too! What are yours?" Lua asked
"My powers are quite like yours." Erza said pointing to me.
"Like mine?" I asked
She suddenly turned to a small potted plant and moved her fingers, the small sunflower started rapidly growing and was soon almost to the ceiling.
"So you have earth powers?" I questioned
"Yeah." she responded
"Cool what's your favorite flower? Mine is the blue orchid." I said
"I think we have some of those here, mine is the yellow tulip. I guess it's not that hard to tell." Erza spoke,
gesturing to her dress made out of soft-looking, yellow petals. I got a great idea from Erza's dress and started weaving some orchids into to my outfit, I grew a bunch into a flower crown that sat on my head.
"Pretty." Aspen said,
letting her hand touch my head. Suddenly both Dayna and Star appeared in the room worry on their faces.
"Someone must have heard us mention we were elementals in the wood. Dragons from the kingdom are attacking!" Dayna yelled
I could hear trees falling outside,
"Stay away from the window!" Star screamed
We scrambled behind the kitchen counter, there was a loud crash as a spiked tail smashed into the side of the cottage.
"We need to get out." Erza said
She stood up and ran over to the door out onto the balcony.
"A long time ago I found a series of tunnels leading out of the ravine, when the barrier is up we can't get out but now that it's down we should be able to escape."
"Erza, sounds great. How do we get down into that ravine where the tunnels are?" Star asked
There was another smash as the brown dragon was destroying the house with it's tail,
"Quickly, everyone out onto the patio! I've got a plan!" Erza yelled
We ran out the door and we on the patio, large trees covered us from the view of the dragon but not for long. Suddenly Erza was growing incredibly long vines from the tree that had the branches farthest away from the deck.
"We're going to swing." Erza told us
"Swing!" both Aspen and Lua exclaimed.
"Yes swing." I said
"Just do it."
Everyone grabbed one of the vines and stood on the fence of the balcony,
"When I say go we swing the ropes are long, when you look like you're close to the ground just lift your feet up and fall into that water. Don't worry it's pretty deep."
I looked at my friend and everyone was nodding.
"Ready..." Erza started
"Set"
I started to get nervous, I looked behind me and made eye contact with the dragon. There were three, three dragons. The brown one with the spiked tail, a bulky green dragon with a huge horn on it's head and a slim purple dragon with fins on it's claws and tail.
"Go!" Erza yelled,
I pushed away all my doubt and swung off the balcony just as the fire breath scorched the deck. The vine propelled me towards the lake and as I saw the ground come closer and closer, I closed my eyes and jumped into the water. The dragons were coming after us I knew that, it fully came inter perspective when I was being pulled out of the water and saw the dragons start to dive. They put me on my feet and we all started to run whichever way Erza was running, I was still in my little haze of hitting the water after jumping off a balcony and I'm not a fast runner so I just tried with all my might to stay at their pace. My head was clear as we started reaching a waterfall on the side of the canyon, we were getting closer to the water as I realized I had no Idea what was going on. Erza had stopped on the side of the waterfall so we could see the small space behind it.
" Alright guys we don't have much time, in there is a tunnel that will lead beyond the barrier." She explained
"But only for a short while because it's going back up right now." Star piped in
"So we all go in, get out and then Star, Dayna and I will find a place to wait until the dragons are gone." Erza said
We all nodded and ran into the large tunnel that was carved into the side of the cliff, it was then I realized, this plan is very, very flawed. There were three dragons, the green and brown ones are big so they won't fit in the tunnel, but the purple one is slim and small. It'll catch us before we even have a chance.
"Umm guys?" I yelled as we ran down the stone pathway.
"What!" Dayna yelled back.
"Three dragons, two big, one small. The small one could get us!"
"Alright." Erza sighed
"We'll just have to outrun them then."
Erza is insane. My legs burned, at this point I want nothing more than being back at the safe house reading a nice book. That's when I started to slow down, it wasn't major, I was only a few feet behind them but up ahead was the barrier starting to come down from the ceiling. The roof of the cave was at lead twenty feet high but I was coming down faster than I could run. The others started sprinting but I just couldn't do it,
"ROSIE!" Rena yelled
"RUN!"
I shook my head and ran as fast as I ever had in my entire life, as the barrier, with my friends on the other side, was only five feet from the ground. I got as close as I could, jumped and slid right under it, the rest of the barrier caught my hair and burned off my long blond locks. We were standing there, all pretty much in a daze of that fact that we got out of there alive when the purple dragon came barreling down the tunnel and smashed head first into the wall, knocking itself out.
"Erza?" Aspen suddenly asked
"If the barrier is up, how will you guys get back home?"
Erza's entire face fell as she came to that realization,
"We won't get back home." She said solemnly
"Hold up." Dayna said
"Where is Avo? Wasn't she at the house when I left?"
The was an awkward silence as we tried to figure out what happened.
"She sold us out." I said suddenly
Both Star and Dayna gasped.
"She has been hiding her shadow powers from the pixies for a long time, we kept her cover but she must have been found out by the kingdom. Turning you guys into the queen must have spared her life."
I felt bad now, it was horrible that Avo sold us out but Star, Dayna and Erza just found out their friend is actually one of the bad guys.
"Alright listen up." Erza said
"I'm the oldest one here and I know what you elementals need to do."
"What do we need to do?" Dayna asked
"First of all, not you you're staying with me and Star. End of discussion." Erza said firmly
"What!" Dayna yelled
"You can't do that!"
"Yes I can, but anyway. When the queen of this realm started wiping out elementals some parents sent their children through mirrors to earth so they'ed be safe. If you want to have any chance of bringing down the queen's evil monarchy, you'll need their help." Erza declared
"Okay. How do we get there?" Lua asked
We had been walking through the tunnel for a while now and we were almost out in the open again.
"That's thing." Erza said
"I don't know, but I do know where you can find information. The lost city, they have a large library that will help you find what you need."
I nodded at my friends, when we reached the end of the tunnel we said our goodbyes and began our journey to the Lost city.