Chapter 4--Rosetta

(Every time the character name switches, the POV switches)
I was terrified. I just saw Faya be carried away by a dragon. A dragon! I had read all about dragons, I know about their diets, their living styles, their family life, the different uses for the internal organs and body parts but most importantly, where they live. I guess it's just a stereotype for nature or earth elementals but I was always drawn to nature and animals. Living in what Jacob and Caroline called the safe house, we never even saw what the outside world looked like, but still I was drawn to everything about it. I tried to learn everything about everything, plants, animals, insects and really everything that lived in the outside world. I had grown an appreciation for diversity, an understanding about how things worked. When we had been in that tiny cave I was terrified, I had tried to put up a wall with vines but my magic is ashes compared to a dragon's fire. I love dragons, they were beautiful creatures but they were very dangerous. The one we saw was gorgeous, flaming wings, magma scales, that dragon was what I think was about 45 feet of beautiful. I started to remove the vines that were securing me to the tree, I stood on a thin branch and pulled a piece of bark off the tree and smelled it. It was warm and gooey on the inside and smelled sweet. I didn't know what exactly it was but I didn't really have time to figure it out. I created a thick vine with my hand and tied it to the thickest branch I could reach, I loosely tied the other end to my waist and jumped off the tree. I stopped falling about three feet from the ground and I saw Rena surface from the pond. She was soaking wet, she jean shorts were an even darker color of blue, her black and blue streaked hair was matted against her back. She walked up to me and helped tie me down from the vine, Lua appeared next to us and I swear I'm good at hiding it but she scares me all the time.
"What are we going to do about Faya?" Lua asked.
"What happened to her, isn't she in that log?" Syrena said clearly confused,
She turned her head and saw that instead of the original two logs, there was now only one. Aspen was crawling out of the log and she looked terrified, her dark blue dress was dorn and had leaves in her hair.
"Faya." was all she said
Everyone nodded in agreement,
"We had just gotten away from that thing too." Rena sighed
"It's not a thing it's a dragon, we have to go and try to find her."
"Rosie she's probably already dead." Lua replied
" I know but we have to make sure, we grew up with Faya we can't leave her behind." I protested
"Alright." Syrena said
"Let's do it. Rosie, where do we start?"
I smiled,
"We need a place to stay we need to get as far away from the dragon cliffs before it comes back."
I started to walk deeper in the woods, I turned my head to look back and saw that they were following me. I had no idea what was in this forest but I have an idea that it is not bubblegum trees and rainbows. It got darker and more gloomy the farther we walked in even in the broad daylight,
"This place is gross." Aspen said,
"So is your dress I responded
I looked back and she looked kind of upset,
"Sorry that wasn't meant to sound snarky." I apologized
I actually wasn't sure if it was supposed to come out that way or not but I didn't want to be mean.
"It's okay." Aspen said
I knew she was kind of hurt, Aspen wasn't superficial but she took care of her appearance. She always made sure her hair was straight and clean, and she had several dresses that all look the the exact same. Her outfit was actually quite pretty, dark blue silk dress with sequins, but it was torn, her hair was messy and had sticks sticking out of the bun on her head. We walked for what seemed like days but it had only been about three hours, no one had said anything other than Aspen's constant murmuring about being tired and bored.
"Alright guys." Lua said,
"We can stop here for a little bit."
We were in a small clearing and the dark forest didn't seem to ever end, I was worried that we would get caught by something that was hiding behind one of these trees.
"Rosie?" Syrena questioned,
"What?" I said
"You used to look over all those maps with Jacob, you even said you had some memorized. Do you know where we are?"
I shook my head and I felt kind of bad, I had been trying to memorize maps when I was twelve but that was four years ago. I had given up when Caroline yelled at me for wanting to see the world. I don't think it was that she didn't want me to see the world, she just assumed we were never getting out of that cave, guess she was wrong.
"That's okay though." Rena responded
There was an awkward silence that lasted a few seconds before we heard it.
"Not again." Aspen said.
"I'm not sure what that is but it sounds bad." I declared
"Run!" Syrena screamed
And we were running again. The forest was dark and hopefully that would give us some kind of protection from whatever was chasing us. But as we ran even deeper into the forest than before I heard a sound. I didn't stop but as it got louder I started to get worried, water.