Chapter 3-- Faya

There was a loud thump on the ground near us.
"It knows we're here."
We heard heaving breathing and I parted the leaves.
"What are you doing!" Rosie yelled,
"Looking." I said back
The dragon was huge, they were definitely bigger in real life than they are in the books. It had enormous wings that were made of fire and it's scaly back had large spikes all over. I quickly pulled the moss and vines back over the small cave mouth.
"We're all going to die." Lua said,
She quickly went invisible but I could still feel her shaking. All of the sudden Rosie started making a thick wall out of plants.
"I don't know if this will hold against a dragon but it's worth a shot right?" She said,
We were all backing against the wall as we heard the dragon push away the vines, I shuddered as the hot breath of the reptile pushed through the thick vines Rosie was creating. And that's when the fire started to come. It was rapidly burning down the wall of plants that we'd hoped would save us. Syrena started to make a wall out of water,
"What?" I asked,
"Hold still" she responded.
The dragon had pretty much burned all the plants and Rena was having a hard time holding up the wall of water, Rosie had created a group of vines that allowed her to blend in with the wall, vines were everywhere and she was completely hidden from sight. Unfortunately for her, if the dragon did get in, they have an incredible sense of smell and would find her right away. Lua was invisible but the dragon would also find her for the same reason, Syrena and I thought, were out in the open. The dragon would most certainly get to us first, and the rock around the water wall was slowly melting away in the heat.
"FAYA!" Syrena yelled over the roars of the dragon,
"What?" I yelled back,
The roars stopped momentarily,
"We need to find another way out!"
I shook the vines Rosie made and she came out of her little cocoon,
"What?" She asked,
"We need another way out, I'm think I might be able to melt away the rock above us, we could all escape that way!" I said,
"Go." She rasped, the smoke causing her to cough,
"I'll get Lua." Rosie said,
before I started to melt away the stone above our heads, the hot melted rock dripped on my forehead and slightly annoyed me. I'm immune to burns and the heat doesn't really bother me. Suddenly there was a bright light shining directly in my eyes, the opening! I did a little mental happy dance and looked over at Rosie who was looking right at em and was sitting next to Lua.
"Go and climb up that hole with your vines, I'll let you know when to throw one down to me." I said,
She nodded and both her, Lua and Aspen disappeared into the hole I made, I walked over to Syrena.
"Syrena we have a plan." I said
"Alright fire it at me." She responded,
I had to hold back my chuckle,
"I melted a hole in the roof of the cave, Rosie, Lua and Aspen already went up. What we're going to do is throw you a vine that Rosie makes and when we say go drop the water shield and we'll pull you up."
I thought it was a pretty good idea, I think Rena did too.
"What do we do after you pull me up?"
I hadn't given that much thought and there was no way we could possibly run faster than a dragon,
"Once we're all out of this cave, we run like the wind. We'll have to use anything we have to our advantage."
She nodded and I walked over to the hole I made, In all honesty I was glad that I could actually walk in this small cave.
"Rosie!" I yelled,
"Throw down a vine!"
I waited just a few seconds and then a long green vine nearly hit me in the face.
"Thanks Etta."
I muttered under my breath before grabbing the vine, I gave the plant a little tug before I was yanked out of the cave. I had never been more happy to see the ground then I am right now, the thin blades of grass tickled my face and I spread my arms out. Syrena. I had to contain my groan, I just layed down.
"Alright Rosie, throw a rope down to Rena."
She looked at me and threw the vine down to Syrena,
"Syrena." I said,
"Yes?" She responded
"I sent the rope down. Just grab onto it with one hand. When I say go, give the water wall one last push and we'll pull you up as fast as possible."
"Alright" I heard her say,
"I'm going to move backwards so I'm closer to the hole."
I nodded to myself even though she couldn't see, when I saw her head in the hole I made I signaled to Rosie.
"Are you ready?" I asked
She didn't respond, but I saw her fingers tighten around the rope.
"GO!" I yelled,
Rena pushed her hand one last time and she was pulled up into the hole, fire filled the small cave as Syrena hit the grass.
"The dragon will realize what happened soon" Aspen said
"We need to run, and we need to run far and fast."
Everyone nodded, Lua disappeared, Rena had orbs of water in her hands, Aspen had her electric powers ready to go, and my fire was looking good. We sprinted off in the opposite direction of the dragon, but it wouldn't last long, dragons were fast much faster than we were. But I didn't hear anything as I ran, just faint growls in the distance. We ran into the forest and just didn't stop for several minutes, we reached another small pod that was surrounded by tall trees and very strong smelling flowers.
"Ugh." Lua said, reappearing,
"That flower smell is so strong." She cringed
Aspen picked up a bright purple flower that had a large pod in the center of the flower. She squeezed it until it popped covering her with even stronger smelling flower guts.
"Ah!" She yelled falling back onto the snowy ground.
"You know, it's quite impressive that these flowers grow even in this weather." Rosie said.
"Yeah" I said, picking up an orange crocus.
And that's when we heard the roar, everyone spun around and saw a large, dark shape in the air coming at us at a rapid pace.
"Quickly" Aspen said,
"Cover yourself in the flower juice, Rena hide under the mud in that pond. Etta, do the same thing but hide yourself in a tree. Lu, you know what to do. That leaves Faya and I."
We started to cover ourselves in the potent flower goo, Syrena didn't have to because she was under water.
"Faya!" I heard
It was Lua.
"You guys can hide in those logs over there!" She yelled before going invisible.
I was smothering the clear liquid all over my shirt, my cargo pants, my legs, my arms and my face. I saw a hole in the log so I positioned myself so that I could see out the hole. My sense of smell was completely gone because all I could smell was flower juice, the roars became louder as Aspen slid in the the log next to me. I made I contact with Rosetta and saw the small bubbles coming up from the lake. There was another loud thump as the dragon landed, all I could think was 'wow this is just the cave all over again'. The dragon looked around and I ducked my head so he couldn't see my fiery red and orange hair. It looked confused, It was clearly trying to kill us but man it was a beautiful creature. It's head swiveled and it made eye contact with me, I swear I stopped breathing. I can't fight fire with fire, where is Rena when I need her. It looked like it was smiling at me, dragons are smart animals. They can understand emotion and I was surprised that they haven't evolved to be able to talk. It walked over to me, I saw the horror of realization dawn upon Rosie. I saw the fire dragon lift it's mighty claw and pick up the log I was in, I felt being taken off the ground and now I was scared. He shook the log and everything went black.