Chapter 20:I Am Home

Enjoy!

Featured Comments:
"How could you 😢😢
Please let them be together" ~ Myrto15 ch. 18
"I really want a good ending for them 😢😢" ~ Myrto15 ch. 19

"😢" ~ huntersmoon1 ch. 18

•••

"Another one asking for a blessing." A young girl sighed. "Great." A woman replied, pressing her cheek on her open hand. Her eyebrows twitched in annoyance as another sigh left the younger girl. "I'll tell them you politely decline their request." The girl turned, her baige hair whipping as she exited the room. "How do they keep finding this island..." The woman muttered, standing from her desk. Walking to a large window, she peered out of it to see the small children running around. "Goddess." A voice called. "Honestly Mae, I've told you a million times to call me Mia. Just Mia." She turned to face a short black haired teen who smiled softly. "Sorry. It's a habit I guess." Mae chuckled. Mia's hazel eyes softened as she watched the green eyed teen look around the room. "Mia are you going to the human town today?" Mae suddenly asked. "Yes." She nodded. "T-Take me with you?" Mae blushed shyly. "Of course, this would be the perfect chance for you to see what humans are like." Mia smiled. Mae nodded eagerly and left to get ready.

Mia made her way to her room and slipped out of her robes. She pulled on a short kimono.

Mia began pulling on her black stockings as the door opened

Mia began pulling on her black stockings as the door opened. "Still trying to look young huh?" Mia scoffed. "Oh shut it Hunter." She pouted at the young girl before. Mia stood up after lacing her knee high, brown boots. Mia closed one eye and stuck her tongue out. "You're just jealous your flat as a plank." Hunter pressed her hands on her chest in defense, an offended expression on her face. "I'm in child form, thank you!" She shouted. "Whatever you say." Mia laughed as Hunter grumbled and disappeared into the crescent moon charm quickly. Making sure both tail and ears were gone, Mia hurried to the boat at the docks. Mae waved her hand high up.

"That's quite an outfit, Mia." Mae blinked, her eyes landing on her chest. "Exposing, I know." The charm on Mia's neck glowed. "Lady Hunter!" Mae squeaked. Mia huffed and crosses her arms across her chest. "I can't help that I grow." Mia muttered. Mae chuckled shortly and got aboard the boat. Mia followed, arguing with Hunter along the way. "Mae, your ears and tail." Mia reminded. "Oh! My bad!" She quickly hid her ears and tail, both disappearing into puffs of clouds. "There." Mae smiled.

•Timeskip•

Mia stepped off the boat as Mae followed closely behind, eyeing their surroundings. "So, where are we?" Mae asked nervously. "Well, I decided to ask the captain of the boat to take us to a kingdom he recommended. Ready to explore?" Mia smiled. Mae nodded and stood up straight. Mia looked arpund the town, taking in the happy citizens. A family walked by, their child laughing. "Up, up!" The child giggled. Mia stopped to watch for a moment. "Mia?" Mae called. "Sorry." Mia smiled weakly at Mae and made her way towards a few people. "Hello!" Mia greeted. "Oh, why hello there!" A man grinned. "You must be new here." Mia nodded. "Yes, I am." A little girl pointed at Mia. "You came just in time, a celebration is starting tonight." The man gave her a pat to the head. "Correct. You should join. I'm sure you'd like it." He offered. "Well then, I guess we'll join. Won't we?" Mia looked at Mae. "Of course!" Mae nodded.