Chapter #3 - I Just Can't

"Hyung, stop saying those kinds of things!" The maknae buried his face into the nearest pillow he found. "I can't feel that way about him anyway. It's unnatural," he muttered, obviously confused.

"Jungkook, listen here. Will you listen to me?" Jimin asked softly, in a try to reassure him. The young boy lifted his head slightly, pillow still hugged tightly to himself for comfort. "Who told you that?"

"The world. I mean, it's wrong to feel that way about someone your own gender, isn't it?" After finally looking straight into his hyung's piercing glare, he ducks behind the pillow again. "I'm just saying what I've been taught, hyung. Everybody in Korea thinks of it as a disease."

"But do you agree with them?" The response comes in the form of a stern question, the black-haired vocalist's tone cold as ice. Jimin's heart pounded fast from anger. He couldn't grasp why people still believed and spread this bullshit. Love is just love, it never hurt anyone, except for when it's unrequited. Why should any form of it be hidden from sight? "Do you, Jungkook?"

"I..." He set the pillow behind himself and sighed in defeat. Jimin's expression softened upon seeing his dongsaeng's confusion. "I don't know, hyung! I don't even know if what I feel is beyond brotherly love. Or if Taehyung would ever consider loving someone like me..." His voice was barely a whisper by the end of the sentence. Oh boy, was he dead wrong there.

Jimin reached forward, to ruffle the boy's hair. "Jungkook-ah...do you want to talk about this? I'm no big expert in love myself, but perhaps I can explain a thing or two." The boy responded with a soft nod, and thus, Jimin started the first lesson.

What he said then wasn't exactly an explanation, but his own feelings towards someone. Someone named Min Yoongi.

Yoongi was never the type to showcase his feelings. Jimin cursed who or whatever caused him to hide behind tall, vast walls. The face he showed to the world, the Suga the cameras knew was a part of him. But it wasn't all that he was. The vocalist found him, both on the inside and on the outside, almost too beautiful to be true. Behind his seemingly rough exterior, he was a really tender person, his heart holding a lot of love for those he trusted. And, of course, for the one thing nobody could or would want to dethrone, the only love of his life, music.

If he had to pinpoint when exactly he fell for the rapper, the event would also be connected to music. Not too long ago, Yoongi started asking him for advice on lyrics. But mainly just to proofread it, if it makes sense, if it's something he'd be glad to sing. Just the fact that he was the one he asked was flattering, but the way he first did it... He basically flopped down on Jimin's bed with a dramatic sigh, crawled next to him, whining 'Jimin-ah~' and waving the paper lazily, then asking him to 'check it if it's good enough, as he doesn't want Bangtan to perform a shitty quality song'. And when all he received was praises, his eyes lit up. That victorious little glint, that he finally did something right, followed by a soft, careful smile. Little things like this really show how much shit he went through.

Looking into those eyes was the moment he realised he wanted to see this look every day. He wanted Yoongi happy, make him feel successful and wanted, and be next to him when he doesn't. Or just be next to him in general, through thick and thin. Yes, it does sound like he wanted Yoongi as a best friend. Originally, Jimin himself thought so. But after he realized how much he'd been staring at the other, especially his lips, and found himself imagining what Yoongi would be like as a boyfriend, more specifically, as his boyfriend, he realized, that he wants more than friendship. It's not a necessity, if Yoongi isn't up for it. But for Jimin, it would be everything.

As he explained and spoke and spoke, longer than he'd intended, he just noticed the maknae in front of him turning into a giggling mess. "What's so funny?" He tried to ask with the stern but loving tone of an older brother.