Chapter 11

Zubia's head was buried in Asfandyar's chest. She could feel his heart beat. The steady thump thump of his heart felt so familiar. She hadn't even realised that tears were streaming down her face, soaking the front of his shirt. Her head was spinning, and she felt like she would go plummeting to the floor if she let go of her husband. So she stood there holding onto him.

Asfi had felt the wetness on his black kameez and was smart enough to figure out the reason for that. He tried to pull away from her so he could look at her face but Zubia didn't budge. It was as if she was stuck to him like glue.

"Zubia" He murmured into her hair. He had one arm around her while the other was rubbing her back gently. "It's okay."

His actions were having their desired effect. After a few seconds she finally let go of him and their eyes met. She had stopped crying but her face was still wet and her eyes were glittering. Koi rote hue itna khoobsurat kaise lag sakta hai, he thought to himself. He walked over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of water, pouring some in a glass.

"Ro kyun rahi hou?" He asked, handing her the glass of water.

"I think yeh khushi ke aansoon hain" She whispered, taking a few sips.

"Acha?" Asfandyar said with a laugh. "Phir theek hai. Hum kamre mein chal kar baat karein?"

She nodded. They both made their way back to the room. Asfandyar sat down on the bed and pulled her down next to him.

"Waise mujhe yakeen nahi aaraha ke tumne mujhse pehle yeh baat Gaiti bhabi ko batayi" He began in a light tone, trying to ease her mind.

"Uss waqt itne shock mein aagayi thi ke samajh hi nahi ayi kya karun."

"Pata hai. Samajhta hun main tumhe" He said, taking her hand. "Zubia tumhe andaaza bhi nahi hai main kitna khush hoon."

Just hearing him say those simple words made a world of difference to her. She was smiling and looking down at the floor.

"Ub yun hi sharmati raho gi ya kuch kaho gi bhi?" He said, smirking.

"Kya kahun?" She said quietly.

"Kuch bhi. Please apni feelings toh mujhse share kiya karo khul ke. Mujhe waise hi bura lag raha hai ke you felt more comfortable telling Gaiti bhabi and not me."

"Aisi baat nahi hai. Bus unse advice lena chah rahi thi. Main aap ko bohat ache tareeke se batana chahti thi na."

"Aur end mein bataya kis tarhan! Waise tum bohat cute lag rahi thi apne aap se baatein karte hue. Jub log poochenge ke Zubia ne aap ko kaise bataya toh at least mere paas aik achi story toh hogi" Asfandyar said with a laugh. Zubia lightly pushed his arm, feeling embarrassed.

"Acha mazaak ke ilaawa, zyada pareshan mat hua karo, especially iss haalat mein. Aur tumhe jo bhi chahiye hou, jub bhi chahiye hou baghair soche samjhe mujhe bata diya karo. Main jo bhi karlun ga tumhare liye, jo tum karne jaa rahi hou usse barh kar nahi hosakta kabhi bhi."

Listening to his words, Zubia felt like crying again. He was already so supportive, she knew he would be the best father to their child, just like he was the best husband to her and the best son to his parents. Asfandyar was her miracle. A miracle she had never thought she was capable of getting. She felt all her worries just fading away.

As she was thinking this, Asfandyar was debating whether to tell her about how he had already known everything. He was a smart man and at that time his brain was telling him that would be a very bad idea. She was already emotional enough, God knows how she would react to this. And he really really didn't want them to have a fight. Especially after such a big moment in their life. He decided he would worry about this later.