Chapter 1

*TING TONG*

The Raizada door bell rings and Khushi makes her way to open it.

"SURPRISE!"

Khushi's eyes widened and she stood there in shock...out of happiness. "Lavanya ji?"

Her face curved a broad smile and they both embraced each other in a warming hug.

"Wow, Chamkili...Sindoor, Manglasutra...suits you very well!" Lavanya asks scanning her.

Khushi smiles shyly and lowers her gaze. "But you are here so suddenly? When did you come and why didn't you inform us?"

Just then Arnav came from behind with a suitcase and bag in his hand.

"Surprised?"

"Arnav ji...this means you knew that Lavanya ji is coming? And didn't tell me?" She pouted and glared at him.

"Relax Chamkili, I forbid him to tell you. Because I wanted to see your surprised face."

"Are you happy then?" She smiled and they hugged each other once again.

"Now come in!" He entered in and ordered HP to take the luggage.

They happily moved towards the hall where the rest of the family were sitting but now stood up one by one seeing Lavanya. Their expressions on the faces revealed their astonishment.

Only NK gazed at her with amazed eyes. And Aarav stood there with a blank expression.

"Lavanya ji?" Anjali smiled and moved to hug her.

"Miss Kashyap?"

"Lavanya bitiya!" Nani and Mami followed her.

Lavanya took their blessings and they welcomed her by enfolding her in their arms.

"How are you? And where were you in all that time?"

"Why didn't you call us?"

Anjali and Mami were ready to bombard them with questions but NK made his entry and dragged everyone's attention at himself. "Di, won't you introduce her to me?" He asked looking at her lovingly.

Lavanya smiled and looked at Arnav and Khushi with a questioning face. Arnav just shook his head slightly raising his brows. Khushi but smiled at Lavanya and introduced him. "This is Nanhe ji, Mami ji's nephew."

"But you can call me NK!" His voice glowed in excitement and she quickly gave him a slight smile back but turned her face to the nearby standing kid.

Khushi noticed that and gestured him to come closer. He obeyed his mother's smile.

"Lavanya ji, this is-" She caressed his hairs but was interrupted by Lavanya.

"Aarav. I know! ASR told me everything about your son."

She bend and extended her arm for a handshake. "Hi Aarav. I'm Lavanya!"

"Nice to meet you." He grasped her hand and smiled at her.

"Now you people sit down. I'll go and make tea for you."

"Chamkili, I want to go and fresh up at first."

"Okay Lavanya ji, it will anyway take some time to make pakoras and jalebi with tea."

Lavanya opened her mouth to protest but Khushi interacted immediantly not letting her any chance to speak. "No Lavanya ji, you will have to eat it today, just today." She pouted acting strict.

Lavanya smiled and nodded in approval. She couldn't refuse her today.

Khushi stood in the kitchen absent minded and singing her song.

"Aaj mausam hai suhana, Lavanya ji ke aane ka hai bahana

La la la la la la, what the what the what the..."

She looked outside at Arnav and Lavanya who was meanwhile down again, talking to the rest of the family. A smile was set on her face. She watched them laughing and wanted to join them after she is finished making tea and the snacks. She also wanted to talk to Lavanya about so much. She saw her today after more than a year.

Lavanya: "ASR, how much time is she going to take more?"

Anjali: "Khushi ji must be cooking a lot. So be prepared, I hope you are very hungry." She smirked and they laughed.

Arnav: "HP, call Khushi here. You make the tea." He ordered to the nearby passing HP.

HP nodded and went in the kitchen.

"Khushi bhabhi, Arnav bhaiya is calling you. I will make the tea."

"No Hari Prakash ji, it's alright. Everything's ready. Tell him I'm coming in some minutes."

He did as she told him to and continued his work.

Khushi leached the tea and adjust the snacks in the plates while glancing outside stubbly from time to time. She watched Lavanya whispering Arnav something in the ear and they laughed giving their hand to each other.

She felt an uneasiness taking over her. It was a weird feeling for her, she had this feeling some time when Sheetal was here and once even when Arnav hugged Lavanya before a year. And was this jealousy? No, why would she feel jealous of Lavanya. She knows very well that Arnav and Lavanya are only friends now. There's nothing else. But her thoughts took a sudden turn when she again had a look at them smiling at each other. What if they start developing feelings for each other? After all, Lavanya really loved him. And now they can understand each other very well. So may be...

"No Khushi, what are you thinking? Stop it. You know very well, how much Arnav ji loves you." She hit herself lightly on the head to get her out of the thoughts and concentrate on her work.

But just then her eyes fell on the nearby sitting NK looking at Lavanya with lovesick eyes. And it hit her. But it won't harm anyone if Lavanya settle her life. In fact, it would be great if she would marry...and NK is also looking for an indian girl.

Khushi smirked. Yep, that's it. She need to pair them off and everything will be settled. She wouldn't need to feel insecure at all. Thinking that she smiled and took the trays outside.