Chapter 5

"Nanheji, why are you so tensed. You aren't going to propose her for marriage but only for dinner." Khushi stood at the couch and encouraged NK who was rounding here and there out of nervosity.

"Khushiji, it seems really easy for you because you don't have to do it. But you can't even imagine how difficult it is." He blathered to her edgy. Khushi made a face thinking how to convince him. She turned her gaze to the poolside where Arnav was watering the plants. He could sense her watching him and looked at her. He gestured her asking Khushi regarding her agonized face. She pointed him through his eyes at that unrelieved NK. He signed her to calm down and so she did. They glared at each other with tender eyes transmitting their conception. A broad smile curved on her lips feeling a pleasure when he winked. But along with the grin, confusion found its way on her face. She lifted her brows questioningly. She didn't get him. But he shifted his eyes engaging her to look behind. She turned around and it was still not clear to her what he meant. But before she turned, her mind popped out with an idea, so did her eyes. Her brain worked like an automaton and she immediately grasped NK.

"Nanheji, I know you are nervous. So I have an idea." She uttered in just one go without breaks and cuts. She took a red rose out of a vase nearby and handed it to him. "Take this, close your eyes and practice with me." Her hectic was beyond his understanding. "But Khushiji-" He was about to ask her regarding her hurry only to be cut by her and witness her raised voice. "Nanheji, just do as I say!" He looked at her confused and bit scared when she ordered him with greeted teeth. He shook his head in approval and closed his eyes. "Now compile your feelings in words!" She said like she were being under time pressure. "Start!"

NK was not coming smart of it. Vice versa, he was getting little afraid of her low yelling. She should not spend too much time with Nannav, he thought. Double pack is unbearable. Well, but now before she would again roar at him in Mrs. KKGSR mode, he go at it.

"Hmm...I'I want to say..." He had no words to draw up his mind. She commanded him to start out but he couldn't do much than hesitate and stumble. "I mean, I have to say-ask you something." He thought he had to start somewhere, so he let his tongue run wild without thinking much. After all it is just practice and Khushiji is standing in front of him. "You are really nice. I started liking you from the first time I saw you. And when we talked freely in that boutique, it got proved that your heart is as pretty as you. And I want to thank you for helping me out with selecting that beautiful Sherwani. Of course, also for the delicious food yesterday. And for being such a nice person. I want to invite you on inner tonight. I hope you won't deny." He himself was not conscious of what he is prattling. But when he noticed his rose been taken away, he opened his eyes only to leap out his eyes seeing the one standing in front of him, sniffing the fresh fragrance of the rose. It was none other than Lavanya herself, with a pleasant smile on her lips.

She came downstairs and saw him holding a rose at her. First he faltered but then he began speaking up something. As he mentioned the freely talking in the boutique she was sure he meant her. But he is inviting her for dinner? So he is asking her out on a date? What should she reply? Agree? Well, he is sweet. How he hesitated at first and the way he was holding a rose while asking her. Not to forget his hesitance at first, like a child. No doubt, he is also handsome. And it won't be nice of her if she would deny. Except that, actually there is no reason for to reject him.

"Thank you for your sweet invitation. You are asking so sweet, so how can't I accept?"

"That means...YES?" He was amused and interrogated to be sure. "You agree?"

"Yes!" She nodded before going over to Anjali in the kitchen. His lips formed a grin and he jumped inside. Lavanya agreed to go out with him. This valentine is going to be one of the best day ever.

Khushi had been watching them from further away. She overheard their conversation and was more jovial than NK. Her plan worked out. Even if she felt upset about the fact that she yelled at him but she wouldn't have done it, he would have seen her coming down and who knows when would have the day come where he ask her for a date. But thank to her, they are going on their very first date, that too on a Valentine's day. Ah! Valentine's day. It reminded her of this special day and her Arnavji didn't even mention it. She rushed upstairs to their room and found him on the same spot as before.

"Arnavji..." She called him while he was watering the last plant in the corner. After that, he devoted his attention to her with a frowned expression. Khushi lowered her eyes looking here and there in order to think how to bring him on that day. She didn't want to tell him directly about that. "Erm...Arnavji, what day is it today?" She asked him in a childish manner. "It's Thursday! Why?" His reply was calm and composed. But she rolled her eyes nerved. "But what date is today?" He smirked when she showed him her white teeth with dimples on her cheeks. "14th! But why are you asking?" She was shocked at his reaction. It was Valentine's day and this Laad Governor was asking her why she is asking about that? She looked down and replied with her trembling lips. "N'nothing...I'I was just-asking..." He sneered witnessing his wife all angry inside but pretending to be normal. "Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada..." He encircled her in his arms at sudden so that she was left confound. "Why don't you just say that it's Valentine's day today?" Her eyes widened and her mouth hung when he spoke. "Haw..." She pulled herself off his embrace and looked at him with an amazed expression.

"You knew it?" He jerked at that and replied with a chuckle. "Since long!" He exclaimed proudly just to get her nasty look. "But you still didn't even wished me once. And instead of spending some time with me, you preferred to make conference calls." She crossed her arms over her chest in rage and turned her eyes off him. But he moved closer and twisted her and pulled her chin up. "Khushi, I don't need any special day to spend time with you. You just need to say me once, I'm there for you. Every time!" Her face automatically glowed on his statement. She dearly heard such things from him. Such a pity that he doesn't care about this day but his theory was also not bad. Even better instead! A real man doesn't need a special day or occasion to spend time with his spouse and make her happy. But he never ceases to amaze her every day with his love.

She threw her arms around his back and burred her head in his chest. They shared an eye lock smilingly and he bend his face slowly closing the gap between their lips. But before their lips met, the romantic moment was spoiled by his innocent cousin NK.

"Khushiji! Khushiji!" He came calling for her in their room through the open door. They turned around immediately breaking the hug. "Khushi, get them together as soon as possible." He said quietly near her ear in a serious and nerved tone. She knew he was saying it because he has make into their list of interruptions now. So she just shook her head and headed towards her brother-in-law. "Nanheji, what happened now?"

"Everything is free Khushiji!" His mistaken Hindi meant something else than he said in concern.

(He meant barbaad but said abaad Wink)

"Everything is FREE?" She was astound thinking what could it mean as well as Arnav who was still just staring at him with a 'Is-he-really-that-dumb?' look. "Nanheji, what do you mean, everything's free?" She asked him still with a confused expression set up on her face. "Na, free...everything is damaged irreparably!"

"You mean ruined!" Arnav amend his sentence shaking his head while Khushi and NK smiled pleasantly. "Yeah, yeah...that! Sorry!" Like all the other times he apologized sweet for his mistake touching his ear. "Okay, now tell me what is ruined?" Khushi's voice gained at apprehension which made Arnav look at him in anger. He does every possible thing to keep his wife happy and there is NK, who comes and drowns her in a sea of anxiety. "Lavanya agreed to go out with me but I forgot it is Valentine's day today. All the good hotels and restaurants are reserved. What will I do now?"

Khushi let out a sigh beaming. "Nanheji, you scared me! I really thought it's something serious. Just like that pop corn incident." NK was at first confused at that what she was saying and after that also embarrassed knowing that they got about that small pop corn incident. "Don't worry NK. I knew it in advance. So don't take tension, I have sort out the problem." Ups! He didn't want him or anyone else to know about him helping them but I am afraid he blabbered it himself now.

"Oh ho Nannav. You are truly a great bro! Thank you so much." Arnav couldn't understand if NK just appreciated and thanked him or teased and fooled him. "Nanheji, everything is done! Just you have to go and dress yourself up. Nothing more." She declared leering. He thanked them again and went from there, thinking how that day will go off. And of course, what does he have to wear tonight.