Thor Odinson oneshot: Going on

After another mission Thor was standing on the roof of the Stark Tower, looking thoughtfully over the City of New York. His heart was arching and pulled him away from this place.
"So, what now Conan?" an all too familiar voice said from behind the God "Brother Anthony" "The world is once again save. Will you go back to Asgard?".
The billionaire came to stand beside his friend but the asked man shook his head "Not this time, Anthony. There is something waiting for me, that I have parried for too long". Thor whirled his trusty hammer, his eyes directed towards the sky "Farewell, my friend".
Tony waved and the Asgardian was lifted into the sky, a knowing smile on his face.

Miles away from New York, you turned off the TV as the news proclaimed that the famous Thundergod had been seen back in New York

Miles away from New York, you turned off the TV as the news proclaimed that the famous Thundergod had been seen back in New York. You didn't want to hear anything about this, having some history with the son of Odin.
You had studied Nordic History. With you mother coming from Norway, you had some attachment to it but even more important, you also had a doctor title in Astrology. This was how you came to work with Jane Foster and this also was how you met Thor.
One day he literally fell from the sky and you took him in. You quickly grew a bond. He told you everything about Asgard, the glorious home of the gods and you retold the myths about the Northern gods, your grandmother read to you when you had been a child. Thor was amused how many things the Midgardians thought had been their doing. You taught him all kind of the Midgardian's Mysteries, like he called them and showed him your studies. With the curiosity of a child he took everything in and somewhere between all of this, you fell for God of Thunder. Over the time you grew closer and one night you gave into each other. The next day a huge, fire spitting metal monster appeared, Thor nearly was killed before he was able to defeat it and then he had to go.
Months later, you heard in the news that he was back on earth, fighting against aliens in New York and you had hoped so much that he would come to see you. But he never knocked on your door.
You said goodbye to the dream of him returning to you, so you could have a relationship or something like that. Thor obviously didn't have enough interest in you and why would he. He was a god after all.
Sighing you sat back on your working table to look through the records Jane had sent you. After a few minutes you placed the papers back down, not able to concentrate. Knowing that you wouldn't get anything done today, you left your office. As you entered the living room, your foot hit something soft. It was a stuffed bear. Smiling you picked it up and looked around the room. Toys and plushies were scattered everywhere. Might as well tidy up here. You thought and did just that. The teddy joined his friends on the light blue blanket on the floor, toy cars and Avengers actions figures disappeared in a big chest and the Nordic myths for children book returned to the bookshelf.
A knock on the door interrupted your work and with furrowed eyebrows you looked at the clock. They are a little soon.
With a Thor action figure in your hand, you opened the door only to find the thundergod in real life in front of it. Your mouths opened and closed in attempt to find the right words but your brain just wouldn't help you to find anything. The tall man looked back at you, just as speechless and he looked just as handsome as before he had left you. His hair, that seemed to be a bit longer were pulled back in a half ponytail and he had grown out a beard. His muscled frame was covered by a green shirt, a grey jacket and a pair of jeans, Mjölnir tucked into his belt.
"Hello, Elena" he eventually spoke "You look good", then his eyes travelled downwards. One brow raised and as you followed his gaze, you saw the mini Thor in your hand. You flushed and quickly hid the action figure behind your back "Hey Thor". At least the ice was broken.
"Come in. I make coffee"
Still in a dace, you walked back into your apartment and heard the man follow you "Coffee sounds good"
Was this real? You wondered while you turned on your coffee machine. In a trace like state you filled the machine with powder and water and got two cups. Over three years you had waited for this man to return and now that you did, you didn't know how to react. Why was he here?
Thor had followed you and was now standing in the living room, watching you work in the open kitchen. Though you looked a little out of it, you were still as beautiful as he'd remembered you, if not more. Your beautiful brown locks fell in soft waves down your back and with the blue jeans, green shirt and beige wool cardican you were wearing, you looked so womanly. To distract himself from the urge to grab and kiss you, he looked around the familiar apartment but something was different. In on corner laid a thick blanket that was covered in stuffed animals and next to it a big chest was filled to the brim with toys. Pictures on the wall showed a young child with blonde hair and deep brown eyes, just like Elena's. Sometimes alone, sometimes with Elena or other people, like his friend Jane Foster. The further he got into the apartment, the younger the child on the picture became until one that stood on a sideboard. Thor picked up the framed photograph, that showed a worn out but happy looking Elena with a baby in her arms. Letters on the picture read Happy Birthday and a Date not even a year after he had left Midgard for the first time.
"The coffee is ready" your voice interrupted his thoughts and as he turned around, you placed two cups of coffee on the coffee Table.  "You have a child?" he asked and you froze, then noticed the picture in his hand. "Y-yes" you stuttered out but as you thought of your small boy, a gentle smile curved your lips. Thor felt anger and he placed the picture back, before he would break it. "So, you bedded another man as soon as I was gone?"
"What? No!" you called out "It's not what you think!". You had never seen him as angry as in that moment and you had to admit you were a little afraid.
"What I think is that our time together did not mean much to you". That was not the direction, you hoped your first conversation would go. You tried to say something but Thor lifted his hand to stop you. "Do not say a word, Elena" he took a few deep breaths to calm himself and you closed your mouth "I have no right to judge you. We had not been in a relationship when I left. You were a free person to do whatever you wished to". Though he sounded calmer, you still could hear the accuse in his voice. "Thor, please listen" you tried and took a step towards him but he already walked towards the door. "No, Elena. You have made your decision".
Then with the loud thump of your closing door he was gone. Again.
Tears fell from your eyes and crying you sat down on the couch. You don't know how long you laid there curled up, another knock echoed through the apartment. Quickly you grabbed a tissue, tried your eyes and whipped your nose. This time when you opened the door, a small blonde child and an elderly, chubby women stood there.
"Mommy!" the child cried out happily and lifted his arms for you the pick him up. "Hey, sweatpea. Did you have fun?". You peppered your son's face with kisses, causing him to giggle "We were at the zoo" he explained and raised is arms "The ephelants were this huge" "The ephelants?" you asked amused and set him down "Why don't wash your hands and then we cook dinner together"
Quickly he ran into the bathroom and soon you heard water running.
"Thank you for babysitting Donar today, Mrs. Walters" you said to the woman that had watched the whole scene with a smile. Mrs. Walters was your neighbour and since her daughter and grandchildren were living in Florida, she loved to take care of your son once in a while.
"Oh, it was nothing" she waved of "You know I love the boy". For a few seconds she was silent, then hesitantly asked "There's one thing I always wanted to ask". Inwardly you signed, thinking that, like everyone else you met in the last few days would ask about the father but still you remained smiling "What would you like to know?" "What does Donar mean?" "Oh, it's another name for Thor. It means 'thunder' in an old Germanic language". Mrs. Walters laughed out thrilled "A strong name for a strong boy".