Thanks for the Memories.

Chapter Song - Thnks Fr Th Mmrs ~ Fall Out Boy

Dean's POV

This hunt had been slow, that was no secret. Certain mishaps involving drunk little sisters hadn't exactly helped, I knew that, but the hunt was still slow. Maybe it was because it was personal to Bella, maybe it was because I was scared of rushing it and it ending with someone getting hurt, but I was procrastinating. Under any other circumstances, these ghouls would have been history days ago. But it had taken until now for us to actually get in the car and drive to the address Cas and Izzy had been told about what seemed like forever ago.

Isabella's POV

"Y'know, we don't have to rush this," I tried to convince them, as we sat outside an old wooden house in the car, looking reasonably suspicious. "We could just, like, come back tomorrow. What's the rush?" Sam looked at me and sighed loudly.

"The rush, Izzy, is that there are a group of monsters on the loose eating people," Dean told me for the hundredth time, looking fed up with my nonexistent excuses.

I groaned. The truth was that I was terrified and angry, and I was hiding it pretty badly. If there was a way I could blow those bastard's brains out without ever having to see them again; that would be the option I would choose. But that wasn't possible, so I would just have to woman up and face this shit head on.

"Okay, now I'm ready. Let's go and avenge my mother," I exclaimed. Sam gave me a weird look. "I'm serious, I'm fine, let's kill these bitches."

"Okay," he replied, looking unconvinced. We were all armed with machetes as we got out of the impala. Dean, being the extra guy he is, insisted that we knock.

"Remember you kill them by chopping off their heads," Sam informed me, as we walked up the front path. It was like the third time he'd told me since we left the motel.

"Really, I thought the machetes for decoration," I deadpanned. Cas gave me a funny look, Dean snorted and Sam shot me a small smile. It told me he didn't need any more siblings hiding their feelings with sarcasm. Too bad, because that was exactly what I planned on doing. I was just glad no one had tried to give me the whole "remember they're monsters, even if you used to know them," speech, because I really wasn't in the mood, plus, I already knew.

Dean stepped forward and knocked on the old wooden door. The house was clearly a second home, and was far enough away from town for no one to hear what was going on. Which was good for us, and them. We all stood waiting, with the knifes behind or backs.

A ghoul we hadn't known about answered the door, looking confused, and then worried. Dean gave him a sarcastic smile before he and Sam grabbed him by the shoulders.

"All yours," Sam told me. Cas stepped out of the way so I could reach the monster who probably helped to murder my mother.

"Bye bye hoe," I hissed, before slicing his head clean off. He yelled out in pain, no doubt alerting the others we were here. I wasn't worried, they'd found us eventually and even though I probably couldn't have taken that guy without help, I was more confident than ever.

We entered the house, with knives pointed in front of us and our backs against the walls. The cabin was big, though, and as a big group, we might not have a chance.

"Let's split up and look for clues," I suggested in my best Fred voice. I had decided that if the only way to get through this would be with jokes, that was exactly what I was going to do. Sam sighed.

"I'll go with you. Sam, you and Cas take the top floor," Dean instructed, whispering. I knew he was only volunteering to go with me to protect me, but I didn't mind. This was only like my second hunt ever anyway.

"Okay, Dean," Cas responded, him and Sam slowly making their way towards the stairs. Sam stopped and turned back to face us.

"Be careful," he ordered.

"Will do, hoe," I replied.

"Jerk," Sam added, smiling.

"Bitch," Dean chimed in.

I could tell Cas felt left out, as he spun around and called out "ass butts."

I laughed as they continued up the stairs. I had to be serious now, though. I was about to face Austin, who I had dated for just over a year and a ghoul wearing my mom's abusive ex's corpse. I groaned internally.

We were about to go into the next room when Dean grabbed my arm and stopped me. "You hear that?" he asked, his voice low. They knew we were here, and they were waiting. We could't just stand there forever, so reluctantly, we burst in.

Stood in the middle of the room was Austin. We had dated for the entirety of senior year, breaking up only when I thought I was going to college. Seeing him again, knowing he was a monster, was something different entirely.

"Bella, hello," he snarled at me. Dean flinched when he said that, he had been calling me Bella since we met.

"Hello, you back stabbing stupid ass psycho murdering monster," I greeted, trying not to let him get to me. He only smiled at the insult.

"You miss me?" he asked, coyly. I shuddered and took a step forward, my knife in front of me, knowing Dean would cover my back.

"Why'd you do it?" I asked him, careful not to move too close, in case he felt like trying something. I wasn't ever going to let him touch me again.

"Do what? Date you? Lie to you?" he sneered, laughing quietly at me. I knew he was just trying to get to me.

"Kill her," I clarified, not giving him the satisfaction of hesitation. Dean was watching his every move, ready to strike if I couldn't. He wouldn't need to, though.

"Oh, you think she's dead?" he asked, now full on laughing in a way that resembled a sociopath.

"Bella, don't believe him, he's just trying to get in your head," Dean ushered, trying to take Austin's attention off of me. It hadn't worked.

"Don't believe me? Try not believing him. You have no idea what kind of things your precious brother has done," he hissed. This is where I drew the line. Dean hurled himself at him, distracting him just enough for me to get the machete against his throat.

"What are you waiting for?" Dean yelled desperately.

"I'm trying to think of something cool to say," I screamed back, as Austin struggled. Dean groaned and gave me a look of pure disbelief.

"Don't worry, I got one," I told him. "Thanks for the memories," I yelled, before slicing his head off. It was kinda gross and harder that I thought it would be, but oddly satisfying.

"Nice, but how about next time you think of something to say before we get the guy?" Dean joked, looking relieved that we'd killed the thing.

We went back into the hall, and were about to ask how they were doing with Chris, when his head rolled down the stairs. I was overwhelmed with relief and joy, we had gotten revenge.

"Welp, I'm scarred for life," I remarked as Cas and Sam ran down to us. Dean laughed nervously, not quite sure if I was kidding; I didn't know either.

"We good?" Sam asked, seeing my bloody knife. Dean nodded, and he wiped sweat from his forehead.

"It's over, Izzy," Cas told me, and pulled me into a hug. I dropped the machete, and hugged him back. Sam and Dean quickly joined in. As we pulled apart I smiled, I finally felt at ease.

Suddenly, I felt something bite my leg, and I hit the floor, hard. Everything went black.

This was short but I suck at action scenes so.