Breaking Point.

Chapter Song - Easier ~ 5SOS

Isabella's POV

I woke up to a loud, constant beeping from beside me, making me groan as I fidgeted with my hand to turn off my alarm clock. The movement sent a spike of pain shooting up my arm, causing me to recoil back into my bed. Except it wasn't my bed, and that wasn't my alarm clock. It was a loud, constant reminder that I was still alive.

Zac. He was my first thought, how I'd watched watched him disappear before I was hit, a victim of the orange glow. I tried to sit up, desperate to go search for him, when a nurse came running into the room.

"Hey, sweetie. You took a pretty hard hit, you need to lie back down," she ushered, reaching over to the drip in my arm to pump some other drug into my bloodstream. It wasn't like in the movies, there wasn't anyone waiting by my bedside who had been desperately wanting me to wake up. Nothing but the empty white room and the steady beeping.

I nodded, leaning back into the pillow as I let my eyes fall shut. I waited, listening as the nurse retreated from the room and back out into the busy hallway. It would be easy to blend in, far too many other patients to worry about the mystery girl with no visitors.

Once the coast was clear, I sat up again, trying my best to ignore the excruciating pain that was causing my ears to screech. My best guess was a couple broken ribs, a fractured knee and lacerations to the face legs and arms. Not great, but it could be a whole lot worse. The more I began to move, the more my head began to throb. Better add concussion to the list.

I eased out of bed, eyeing the crutches someone had left propped against the wall, thankful that someone had already taken the time to bandage up my knee and the cuts, which begged the question of how long exactly I'd been unconscious . I tried to make the most of the last drop of painkiller before pulling the drip from my wrist.

Hopping across the floor barefooted in a hospital gown, I barely made it to the crutches before collapsing in agony. Escaping would be so much easier if I had an accomplice who could push me in a wheelchair, but I was well and truly alone on this one. I figured it would be useless trying to find my clothes, or what was left of them after the hit. Thigh high boots wouldn't exactly be ideal. I just needed to be gone, before anyone started asking too many questions, and so I could just get home and find out what the hell was going on.

Since my car was still at Zac's house, and Zac's car was still at the restaurant, I was forced to hail a taxi back to the bunker, with the promise I'd pay them on arrival. Staying conscious was a struggle, every part of me urging me to just give in and sleep. But I couldn't, using the will to find Zac to push me forwards.

When I looked out of the car window and saw the bunker's tall walls, I was able to draw let out a deep, painful breath. Any sense of familiarity was welcomed after my disorienting start to the day. I managed to hobble on the stolen crutches over to the door, hammering my fists on it, needing to be sat down as soon as possible.

"Sam! Dean! It's me, let me in!" I yelled, ignoring the increasingly odd looks I was getting from the awaiting taxi driver.

After what felt like an eternity, the door swung open, revealing a disheveled looking Sam. He gave me a curt nod, stepping aside to let me in before walking through the door behind me, presumably to pay the driver. I tripped on the doorway, falling clumsily into the balcony railings.

"Bella!" Dean yelled, sprinting up the steps. The pain had become excruciating as succumbed in my battle to stay awake. And for the second time in however many days, the world faded to black once more.

~~~

This time when I woke up, I was in my own bed. And sat beside it was a note that read: