My Face Hurts.

Chapter Song - Get Over It ~ OK Go

Isabella's POV

I woke up in the morning face down on the carpet of the hotel room floor, surrounded by feathers. If that wasn't weird enough, Dean was sprawled across my bed clutching on to a coat hanger for dear life. And then I remembered, the pigeon. That damn pigeon. Sam was passed out somewhere near the bathroom and I couldn't help but snicker at the sight of his bed head.

I had a very difficult decision to make. I knew that in an hour we had to meet the very rich, very scared owner of the castle that we had been flown out to ghost bust, and that his standards were probably way above my brothers showing up with thick sharpie moustaches. However, and this was a very strong argument, it would be really fucking funny.

Unfortunately for the two sleeping goons, my inner child got the best of me, to the point where I ended up adding some carefully sketched unibrows. Boy were they going to be pissed.

I made the most of the peace by going to the bathroom to get changed and do my hair and makeup. I threw off the Iowa Wolves sweatshirt of Zac's I had slept in and replaced it with a plain white t-shirt and some ripped denim jeans.

With my hair tamed and some natural makeup applied, I turned to look at myself in the mirror. I'd never really examined the similarities between me and my dad before, as I had only recently ever seen a picture of him. But I had always been told that I had my mother's eyes and nose, and ever since she was gone, it was all I could see.

"Bella!" A loud cry came from outside the bathroom door. I'm guessing Dean had noticed my artwork. With a satisfied smirk, I flicked a stray tear from my cheek and swung the door open to see Sam stretching in the manor of someone woken up by a loud noise, and Dean furiously scrubbing at his upper lip.

"What are you doing, Dean?" Sam asked groggily, not turning around to see me barely containing my laughter.

"Dude. Mirror," Dean barked, barging past me to get to the bathroom sink.

Sam slumped over to the mirror that Dean had been previously looking at, only to stare back at his reflection in horror.

"You did this?" Sam asked, seemingly unable to believe that it wasn't the work of our older brother. I scratched my neck guilty. He grinned mischievously. "You don't know what you just got yourself into."

I had heard tales of Winchester prank wars, but Dean had a habit of over exaggerating, so I simply shrugged and left him to join Dean in a desperate struggle to remove the permanent marker from their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My face hurts," Dean whined from beside me in the town car that Theo had sent to take us to the Chateau.

"Well, you didn't need to scrub so hard," I countered, popping a skittle into my mouth in an attempt to hide the smug smirk that I got from the memory of the unibrow.

"Oh, so you wanted us to go meet this guy with sharpie on our faces," Sam chimed in from the front seat. 

"Hey, I offered to lend you concealer," I reminded them, earning a snort, as if even the mention of them wearing makeup was ludicrous.

"Or, alternatively, you could've not drawn things on the faces of your sleeping brothers, who were only in your room to help you remove a bird you let in," Dean huffed, folding his arms across his chest.

"Yes, but where's the fun in that, Deano?" I retorted, making him crack a small smile.

"Sometimes, Bella, it's almost like I raised you myself," he admitted, making me beam.

"That's not a good thing, Iz," Sam insisted upon seeing my smile in the rear view mirror. "Just look how I turned out." Dean hit him on the shoulder.

"Was Dad really that bad a parent?" I asked quietly. From the way they talked about him sometimes, he sounded more like their superior officer than their father.

Dean thought for a second. "He did his best, Belle, he really did," Dean breathed, as if admitting something to himself. " It's just that his best really wasn't all that great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Although Dean was a little grumpy about having to travel in a car other than the impala, the short journey went smoothly, leaving us outside a building that put even our hotel to shame.

"It's freakin' huge!" Dean exclaimed, both hands on his hips as he stood and took in the views of the towering ivy covered stone brick.

"This is like the start of a high budget horror movie," I remarked, earning an eye roll from Dean.

"Who ever heard of a high budget horror movie?" Sam laughed. He was right, and I had seen a dozen movies that would back him up.

To my relief, there were no guards stood outside in dumb uniforms, nor were there any moats or drawbridges. Though I do think Theo would benefit from having a dragon. 

"You comin' in?" Dean asked from halfway up the pathway.

"Oh, uh- yeah," I mumbled, running to catch up. The boys had managed to establish that Theo had found out about them from a house they ghostbuster a couple years ago, and I wondered what that guy must've said to make Mr Dubois confident enough to fly us across the world. But then again, his main motivation was most likely desperation. It must be one hell of a ghost.

Inside the chateau that was basically a castle from a movie, a guy I would say was in his early twenties paced in country club gear. Before I could say anything, the heavy wooden door slammed behind me, announcing our arrival.

His head shot up as he came to a halt. He turned to face us, looking me up and down in a manner that made me wonder if I was grossly underdressed.

"Are you the Winchester brothers-" he paused turning his attention back to me, "and sister?"

"You bet," Dean replied easily, seemingly unaware of the disapproving gaze of an older man, passing through holding a gigantic bouquet of flowers. The man I assumed was Theo looked at him for a second, tilting his head ever so slightly at the redness of his upper lip. Dean was going to kill me.

"Very well, follow me," he spoke finally, walking past the staircase and off into a room on the left.  I shot Sam a shrug before starting off after the peculiar French boy. Today was definitely going to be interesting.

So this is ridiculously short but I felt bad about not putting anything out in ages so I hope you like this!