VII

7|Word count: 1419.

Hermione

THE CROWD CHEERED, MAKING ME SHIVER IN STRESS. Today, November the 24th, is the day the Triwizard tournament begins, and everything could happen. Not only is the first task with dragons, but apparently you have to steal their eggs, too.

Who even came up with this?

Besides me were seated Ron and Ginny, followed by Fred, George, Neville and some other fellow Gryffindors.

I tapped my foot impatiantley on the bleachers, making Ron go vivid besides me.

"Bloody hell, stop doing that will you?" He snapped, his jaw clenching. My mind wasn't on my tapping foot, though. I had to talk to Harry since I haven't done that today, and who knows, this might be my last goodbye to him.

"I'm sorry. Anyways, you will have to exuse me." I said, not minding his tone and pushing him aside as I ran towards the contestant's tent as thoughts raced through my mind.

My hands were drenched with cold sweat, and slightly shaking. I mean, Harry would be going up agains a dragon in a couple of minutes, and accidents that end with death in this Tournament weren't that rare.

I was also worried about Viktor, but a feeling deep down in me told me that he was going to be okay.

But Blimey, Harry is still a baby! The poor thing can't even look Cho in the eye while he speaking to her, or let alone battle a bloody dragon!

With these thoughts wandering around my mind, I reached the tent, opening the curtain just slightly. Behind the thin layer, I saw two bodies pacing back and forth, one being Cedric's and the other one being Harry's.

"Psst...psst!" I said when Harry's shadow neared the thin cover. Harry halted to a stop, looking towards my way a bit confused, and with a bit of hesitation he leaned in.

"Hermione, is that you?" He asked.

"Yes." I confirmed. The cogs in my brain usually worked, but now they only seemed to screech and stop.

"The key is to concentrate, Harry. And after that, you'll just have to..." I said, my voice slightly cracking.

"Battle a dragon." He finished, making me pale ten times more.

I hesitated before shoving the curtain aside, and throwing my hands around him in a hug.

To say that he was caught off guard was an understatement.

Half a second after he reacted, a flash of camera was directed in our way, making me blind for a moment or two.

There stood Rita Skeeter, the Ministry of Magic's news writer, and also someone who will twist your words just so she can get publicity.

Pathetic.

This time, she made up something about me and Harry being 'young and in love' but I was too pissed off to hear what she was saying. Before I could step in, I heared a voice besides me.

"Go, no one wants you here." Viktor said, his usual wall of confidience up and tall.

Rita stopped, giving him a look, up and down might I say, before leaving the tent with her crew following closely behind.

I looked at my side to see Viktor between me and Harry, lips pursed, eyebrows knitted, his jaw clenched and body tense. I waved at him, falshing him a smile and thumbs up to show that I was supporting him, but all he did was look away.

I know that he is usualy a pretty closed up person, but he always returns my greetings with something that is supposed to be a warm smile. Whatever, I still appreciated it, but this time he seemed angry, pissed even.