XIX

|Word count: 2049.

Hermione.

THAT MORNING, I WOKE UP FROM THE HEAT THAT WAS ENGULFING MY BODY AND CLOUDING MY BRAIN. To say that I was confused was understandable. I don't remember the dormitories being this warm, ever, not even during the abnormaly high temperatures outside.

I tried to think, but my brain still remained a mush and I was still feeling perplexed when suddenly, last night's events crashed upon me.

It took me a couple of seconds to realize that I was, in fact, on top of Viktor. And then, it took me a couple of more seconds to realize that I was straddling the poor thing with my weight. I was attached to him like a koala, our chest touching as my head lay comfortably on his beating heart. One of my legs lay between his and the other one was sprawled across his stomach, while one of his hands was placed near my lower back and the other lay across the empty space in the huge bed.

I had to fight the urge to scramble off him; not because I didn't like the position I was in, but because I was afraid that he was slowly dying from me crushing him with my weight.

I let out a puff of air as the cogs in my brain worked the situation out. In the end, I decided it would be best if I removed his hand that was rested on my back and slowly get off him while landing on the left side of the bed, since his other outstreched arm was on the right side.

I quickly encouraged myself and put my plan into motion. I slowly pried his left hand from me as I slowly rolled off him, making him shift in his sleep. My breath caught in my throat as I thought that he would wake up, but thankfully he only stirred in his sleep as he continued his peaceful slumber.

I slowly hauled myself up, trying to make the bed move as less as I could. As I was about to swing my legs and finally get up, I felt him move in his sleep as my eyes widened as I felt a crushing weight on me. I felt my breath being knocked out of my lungs as I desperately tried to break free.

Remember when I was silently praying for him not to wake up?

Yeah, I'm praying for the opposite right now.

After a couple of minutes of just standing there and slowly dying, I decided to do something.

I bit my lip in anxiety as I rose my right hand and hesitantly poked his rib, trying to tickle him.

I know I could have just shaken him awake or kissed him romantically, but I have this thing called morning breath.

The second my finger touched his sides I saw horror unfold before my eyes.

His black eyes shot awake as he squirmed, frantically trying to scramble off me. As he did so I panicked, realizing that he wasn't turning on the right side of the bed but the left, where, might I remind you, was also the end of the bed.

Everything he felt at the moment was written on his face. His mouth was agape as his eyes widened even more, his face was full of panic as he slowly slid of the bed as he extended his arms helplessly, scratching at the air like a cat as he tried to hold onto something.

A squeak left his mouth as his journey reached to an end as Viktor waited for the impact.

A second later he fell face-first to the floor with a thud as I remained there, shocked.

So, he is ticklish.

He groaned in pain as he remained still for a minute, trying to recollect his thoughts.

Then, he used his musculuar arms to haul himself up and I was met with furious onyx eyes.

The cogs in my brain worked as I tried to come up with something to say.