XVII

|Word count:2066.

Hermione.

"I DEARLY HOPE THAT YOUR PUPILS ARE DOING WELL." Said Professor McGonagall, looking each and every one of us in the eye.

"Since it's almost the end of the school year, the tutors will report to my office two weeks from now regarding your pupil's progress." She continued, her voice booming around the big classroom.

I cringed mentally, remembering that me and Viktor haven't been focusing on the tutoring classes lately.

I made a mental note to plan a tutoring class with him later, because I surely won't let feelings stop me from being the student I always was. 

The rest of the class went by quickly and before I knew it, students all around me were dashing from their chairs and storming towards the door.

I followed after them, relieved that I finished my day with Professor McGonagall's class.

As I walked out of the classroom I checked my bag if I had forgotten something on my desk, which thankfully I hadn't. I started walking towards the way leading to the Great Hall, and I remembered that I promised Viktor I would wait for him after my last class.

I groaned in frustration as I turned around, heading towards Professor McGonagall's class for the second time today, where he would be waiting for me.

When I arrived there only a couple of students were around, and unfortunately, Viktor wasn't one of them as I rolled my eyes and clicked my tongue in annoyance.

Since I had no other choice I leaned against the cold wall, sighing tiredly as I waited for Viktor's arrival.

While I waited a lot of thoughts wandered around my head, and one of them was how happy I felt with Viktor. A week had passed since me and him spoke about Evangeline and her threat, and if I thought back then that I wouldn't have a worry in the world anymore, I was wrong.

I thought that for once my mind would be set, that I wouldn't have to stay up all night and think about whatnot, and that for once, I would be content. Or so I thought.

Now, another thought lingered in the back of my head; one that I had been pushing away the whole year.

What will I do at the end of the year?

A sharp stab of pain crippled through my chest, making goosebumps raise on my skin.

What will I do when I have to say goodbye?

Was another question that was making me have sleepless nights.

What will I do when all of this ends?

I took in a sharp breath, my stomach twisting in an unpleasant way. Tears prickled my eyes as a lump formed in my throat, and I felt like I couldn't breathe from the agony I was in.

I opened my eyes, running a hand through my hair as I saw a built silhouette nearing me.

"Ah damn, I thought that I had the chance of scaring you for once." Viktor joked as he approached me.

I smiled at him, and even if I felt like my world was falling apart, I was happy that I had him right here and right now, standing in front of me.

He leaned in and hugged me, his hands wrapping around my small waist as I put my hands on his neck, pecking his lips.

"Well, too bad for you then." I retorted as he rose an eyebrow, noticing that something was off about my behavior.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, not missing a beat.