Chapter Eight

(Declan Pictured)

JASPER

Jasper lasts a total of mere hours after she tells him about Reese before he calls Lydia to confess. He waits until he's alone in his room before dialing her number and waiting for the pick up.

"Who did you kill and what are our options on where to hide the body? Better yet, do you have power tools that we can use to cut up the body for maximum coverage?" Lydia demands without bothering to greet him with a proper hello.

"Hello to you too, sister dearest." he states sarcastically and chuckles along with her.

"Why are you calling me? This is weird and uncalled for."

"I wanted to talk."

"About where to hide the body?"

"No, Jesus Christ. I want to tell you something." Jasper laughs and starts pacing.

"What's up, Jas?"

Jasper pauses for a second and tries to articulate what he wants to say. He wonders how to start and how to get across the idea that yes he found Blair, but he's also not willing to do anything about it.

"Before I start, you can't tell mom or dad. You have to promise."

Lydia laughs at that and Jasper gritts his teeth at the way she genuinley finds the idea amusing.

"Christ, Jas, did you actually kill someone?"

"Lydia, please. I mean it." Jasper sighs. "You can't. Promise me."

"What? Why? What is so bad that I can't-"

"Please."

That seems to get her attention. Her voice trails off and she stays quiet for a long time before Jasper hears her sigh.

"Jas, please tell me you're okay?"

"I'm fine. I just...you deserve to know."

"And mom and dad don't?"

"It's not that, it's just...Mom will freak out and Dad...I don't know. I just want to deal with this by myself, you know?"

"No."

"Do you want me tell you?" Jasper asks and waits until Lydia sighs again before continuing. "Promise."

"Fine. But if you murdered someone, I'm not helping you anymore."

"Deal." Jasper laughs once and clears his throat. "Promise not to laugh or anything?"

"What the hell is going on, Jas?" Lydia demands and Jasper can hear her getting huffy."

"I um...I found my Bind, Lyds."

Lydia doesn't say anything for a long time. He hears her gasp and then nothing. He wonders briefly if he killed her or if maybe she's passed out when she suddenly screams and scares him halfway to his own grave.

"Christ!" he hisses and quickly pulls the phone away from his ear.

"Jasper, that's great!" she laughs and starts bombarding him with questions about how and when.

"What does she look like?" She demands before gasping. "Can you send a picture?"

"Um...about that." Jasper mumbles and rolls his eyes when Lydia gives him a speech about how she's sure this girl is beautiful.

"Yeah, she's a real catch." Jasper states sarcastically. "She's 6'2, brown hair, hazel eyes oh yeah she also has a dick and an adams apple."