Epiloque

Spring Semester turns out to be a lot better when there isn't a problem the size of california in their friend group.

Blair and Jasper settle into something similar to what they had before winter break, and their friends manage to help them settle into a familiar routine as well.

At first, there's a lot of tip-toeing around one another and trying to figure out who they are after what they went through, but eventually they find that Jasper's a lot more comfortable with his body and his prints. He even results in breaking in the days of the new season with short sleeves more often than not.

Spring brings nice weather and the snow melts fast, and so they all get to showcase their prints under the sun and heat in their final weeks of the semester.

Blair finds them making up for lost time, and he manages to fill most of his left bicep by the time finals week comes around. Most of his Prints come in the weeks that Jasper spends sitting in the bleachers cheering Blair on along with their friends during his track meets. He gets shit from his teammates about how whipped he is, but he doesn't mind their teasing as long as Jasper's around.

Jasper starts to take pride in the marks he leaves soon enough and starts to demand stories about where his own Prints come from.

Some are easy for Blair to identify, like the pine tree that he knows probably appeared after his dad died or the three tick marks on his arm that most likely represent his first heartbreaks.

Others he can't even begin to think of why they would appear. Mostly, he can't pinpoint each and every band or ring.

In April, as they all spend a friday night around a bonfire during the University's annual Spring Fest, they exchange their first 'I Love You'.

Wrapped in a blanket and leaning against Blair after an exhausting day in the sun, Jasper had moved to kiss his jaw before whispering the phrase into his ear sleepily.

Blair had wasted no time in returning the sentiment, and Declan hadn't let them forget the sappy moment since then.

There's a lot of happiness that fills the second half of the semester. There's a lot of laughter and good times, and above all else, there's a lot of kissing to Blair's approval.

In total, they manage to finish off the semester in good standings and Blair ultimately ends up helping Jasper pack away his room sooner than he expects.

"Promise me you won't come back with another wild idea in your head." Blair pleads as he helps Jasper pack the last box into his dad's van.

"I promise to come back sane." Jasper grins and shuts the back doors once they're done.

"I'm holding you to that." Blair states seriously before pulling Jasper close and smiling at him. "I'll see you in August?"

"I'll see you in August." Jasper chuckles and pulls him in for a kiss. "I love you."

Blair smiles widely at that and hugs Jasper tightly, still not used to hearing the words escape the other's mouth.

"You what?" he teases and chuckles when Jasper pinches his arm with a huff of laughter.

"I love you, you jerk." he grins. "Now say it back before I change my mind."

"Jas, we gotta get this show on the road!" they both turn to find Jasper's father leaning out of the driver's side window and sending them mockingly stern looks.

"Sorry, Mr. McKormic." Blair waves and smiles before turning back to the other. "I love you." Blair smiles and kisses Jasper one more time before pushing him towards the van. "Go. I'll see you soon."

"I'll see you soon." Jasper laughs and gets into the van.

Blair waves and waits until they've rounded the corner at the end of the street before turning back to the dorms to start packing away his own room.

He's about half way to SoVi when he feels a familiar chill run down his spine.

When he looks at himself in his mirror later, he finds a red band on his left wrist in the middle of his cuff, stark against the dark black.

The bold burgundy swooping into a figure eight at the very center.

He grabs his phone and texts Jasper a picture of it, knowing that the other will probably tease him about it.

Blair grins when he gets a response from Jasper a few minutes later. A single sentence accompanied with a picture of Jasper's own wrist.

Love You Too.

END