Chapter Eighteen

BLAIR

"I haven't seen you since last year, man!" Declan greets him at the coffee cart with a tight hug and a smile. None of that bro-hug bullshit.

"Your jokes are mediocre at best, Dec." he responds but returns the hug nonetheless.

"Hey, I take pride in my sense of humor." Declan argues and motions for him to follow him towards the cashier. "I bet Spencer will appreciate me."

"Don't get your hopes up." Spencer responds and grins at them before tapping in their coffee orders. "How was break?"

"Cold and wonderful." Declan smiles and shoves a few singles into the plastic tip jar.

"It was good, Spence. How was yours?"

"Great." Spencer chuckles and moves to the prep station.

"You seen Jasper yet?" Declan asks him as they wait.

"No, I got in pretty late last night and he had a morning lecture. I didn't want to bother him." Blair explains and shrugs. "I'll probably see him today."

"You nervous?" Declan asks and wags his eyebrows with a grin.

"No." Blair laughs. "Why? Should I be?"

"I mean it's been a month. Aren't you worried that maybe he like...changed his mind or something?"

"I wasn't." Blair mutters and shoves Declan's shoulder. "Thanks, dick."

"I'm just saying." Declan laughs. "Calm down, I doubt he has."

"There you go." Spencer sighs and slides their drinks across the counter. "Why do you look constipated?" he demands and frowns at Blair.

"He's afraid Jasper's changed his mind." Declan explains and shrugs.

"Changed my mind about what?"  Blair jumps and turns in time to see Jasper's hair before he feels a set of lips on his cheek.

"Changed your mind about Blair. Maybe decided that you didn't actually want him around at all. I told him it was insane." Declan shrugs and sips from his cup calmly.

Jasper huffs out a laugh at that and rubs his neck.

"Thanks, Dec." he mumbles and moves to the cashier so that he can order his coffee.

"How was class?" Blair asks once Jasper moves back to stand next to him.

"Good. Fun with American Poets." he grins before rolling his eyes. "I can already tell I'm going to hate this."

They both laugh at that and after Jasper gets his drink, they move to sit with Declan at a booth.

"So, how was your christmas?" Declan asks and they talk for a while about what they'd gotten up to in the month since they'd seen each other last.

Jasper lets Blair hold his hand underneath the table while they talk and only pulls away when he has to get to his next class.

"You should come over later tonight. I have something I want to to talk to you about." Jasper mumbles directly at Blair as he gets his stuff together.

"I told you he changed his mind." Declan stage whispers and Jasper flips him off before patting Blair on the shoulder.

"I'll see you later."

Blair goes through the first day of classes fairly easily. He manages to not zone out too much, and even thinks he'll enjoy most of his professors.

He meets Jasper and the rest of their friends for dinner in the Caf and they talk for a few hours about their breaks before everyone decides to go their separate ways.