Chapter Sixteen

JASPER

Kissing isn't like what Jasper thought it would be. In movies, it always looked pointless to him. When he was younger, Jasper saw it as flesh touching flesh, the same as holding hands or brushing limbs and it always escalated to something that was too much. Took much skin, too much noise, and not enough clothes.

In his mind, Jasper had held hands with someone before and so it was basically like he'd done all there was to do without needing to get naked. As he grew older, he realized that his understanding was absurd and  childish. But the feeling that kissing was unneeded remained.

Kissing Blair, though, was an experience in and of itself that was not needed nor pointless. There were intricacies he didn't plan for and complexities he could get behind. It felt fantastic to have his hands in Blair's hair, and his body so close that they shared body heat. The more they spent time kissing, the more Jasper felt like he knew Blair. Or at least, parts of Blair that no one else did.

He knew how Blair kissed when he was tired and needed a nap, all languid and slow. He knew the feeling of Blair's excitement on his mouth, when Blair could barely contain his smiles and his laughter, and their kisses would be almost impossible because Blair was grinning so widely.

As finals week approached, he got to know Blair's worried kisses the most. In the middle of study sessions and movie nights, Jasper got to experience quick pecks that were accompanied by frowns of frustration and stress.

Whispered you can do its following shortly thereafter.

Jasper can honestly say that although he's never been lacking in the self confidence department, he's never felt the level of security in himself that he does when he's close to Blair.

Something about the way that his Hazel eyes never falter in their gaze makes Jasper feel almost invincible. It also helps when they're five minutes into kissing and Jasper isn't quite sure what's supposed to follow the kissing part.

"You're full of surprises." Blair mumbles into the kiss and Jasper tenses for a quick moment when Blair's lips begin a new trail they've never gone down before. "What happened to that confidence?"

It wasn't so much a rule, as it was a norm that they started and stopped at kissing on the lips. Jasper being the first one to pull away when things got to be too much usually. So the sensation of Blair kissing down his jaw threw him for a loop and short circuited his brain for a moment.

"Inexperience is one hell of a way to knock someone down a few notches. Give me a second." Jasper breathes and moves his hands from Blair's shoulders up to his hair.

"You okay? We can stop." Blair mumbles, the vibrations of his voice settling into Jasper.

"No. No, you can keep going."

Blair doesn't just keep going in the sense that he continues to kiss Jasper's skin, he keeps going in that he goes lower and lower, until he's pulling down the neck of Jasper's sweater and reaching his collar bone.

All the while, Jasper struggles to keep his breathing under control and has to tug on Blair's hair as the sensations skyrocket through his system.

"I can stop if you-"

"Don't you fucking dare." Jasper snaps and lets out a breathless chuckle when Blair pokes him in his side and warns him about language.

"Is that any way to talk to someone in bed?" Blair asks and Jasper can feel his grin on his skin.

"This hardly counts as having you in bed." Jasper laughs and lets out a rather embarrassing sound when Blair latches onto his skin again.

Jasper's in the middle of pulling Blair up for a real kiss when a knock on his door stops them.