Chapter Twenty One

BLAIR

Blair isn't surprised when he wakes up alone nor is he surprised that he's in Jasper's bed.

Although drunk out of his mind, he could recognize the smell of Jasper's cologne through the night and had made enough connections to realize that he'd crashed in a bed that wasn't his own after the party.

It doesn't shock him, however, that Jasper's not in the room, and the note he finds is vague enough that he gives up hope on waiting Jasper out.

Instead, Blair gets dressed, messages Declan on his way out of the room, and starts heading towards Spencer's door.

He has his hand up to knock on the door, when it swings open to reveal Austin, Spencer's roommate.

"Hey-" Blair's greeting it cut off when Austin nods at him with an unimpressed look and shoulders passed him.

Blair catches the door before it shuts and steps inside with a sigh.

Spencer's shirtless in front of his dresser, putting on deodorant when he shuts the door behind him.

"Hey." Spencer greets before tossing him the stick of deodorant with a sigh. "Put that on."

"I took some of Jasper's." Blair states and places the stick on his desk instead.

"Was he home?" Spencer asks and comes forward to spray cologne onto Blair.

"Christ, what are you doing?" Blair demands and coughs when he breathes it in.

"I saw your dick last night, just let me do this."

"Seeing my dick warrants you mothering me?" Blair demands and huffs when he's handed a tooth brush and a tube of toothpaste.

"Do us all a favor." Spencer states bluntly and points at the door. "Go brush your teeth."

"Is this yours?" Blair demands but starts the walk anyway.

"No, I'm not a monster."

After being forced to brush his teeth, wear a sweater that actually fit him, put on more cologne, and run product through his hair, Spencer finally sits on his bed and stops hovering over Blair.

"What's up with you?" Blair asks again and sits in Spencer's desk chair.

"Nothing." Spencer sighs. "I just have a weird feeling."

"Weird feeling?" Blair raises an eyebrow. "You need pepto or something?"

"No, you fucking clown." Spencer cracks a smile and they both laugh until a knock on the door interrupts.

"Come on, let's go get food." Spencer says and grabs his coat before opening the door to reveal Declan.

"The Caf is serving waffles today. Let's get this show on the road, ladies." Declan claps twice and grins widely at them. "And no moping, damn it." he points at them each in turn before turning and leading the way out of the building.

Blair and Jasper still avoid one another after the party incident, and they never talk it through.

Instead, they revert further back into themselves and pretend like they don't even recognize one another.

Blair knows it's stupid and he nods when Declan and Spencer tell him as such, but he can't bring himself to talk to Jasper about it without feeling like he's going to burst or go off.

So, that's how they spend another several weeks; awkwardly avoiding eye contact and the subject of Blair's drunken ramblings.

JASPER