| realizations.

"she looked right through me"

YOUR POV-

i woke up from my nights rest and i got ready for the day. once i had my uniform on, i braided my hair to the side. i walked back over to my bed and i grabbed my pocketknife from under my pillow and i put it in my sock. i looked at myself in the mirror. the dark bags under my eyes were slowly becoming more noticeable. my figure was slowly shrinking because of the shitty food here. 'god i look like fucking shit.'

i walked out of my cell and i went, where the rest of the lunatics go, to jaedens cell. i opened the door to his cell and said, "whats up bitches?!". everyone giggled. "jeez y/n, you look like shit", millie said. "damn, who pissed in her cheerio's this morning?", i said as i sat down next to finn on jaedens bed. everyone but millie and noah laughed.

"what happened between you guys?", jaeden asked. "he's pissed at me because i'm talking to someone from hall B.", millie explained. "whats his name?" finn questioned. "jacob", noah said through his teeth. "okay does noah like you or something?", i asked. "no its just because hes from hall B.", millie said. "what does our hall letters have to do with this?", i asked. "do you not know what they mean?", millie questioned. i shook my head no. everyone looked at each other not knowing what to do, until wyatt volunteered to explain to me what it was.

"well you do understand that the halls go from A to E, right?", wyatt said. i nodded. "the hall letters mean how bad of a person you are. for example, jaeden, finn, jack, and i got put into hall E for murdering several people. only the worst of the worst can be sent to hall E because the system goes by mental illnesses and the severity of the reason you got sent to this madhouse.", wyatt explained. 'damn, so im really that evil? i dont care, but i like it.' "yeah so jacob is a pussy", noah snarled at millie. "no hes not.", millie said. "really? do you even know why he got sent here?", noah snapped back. "yes i do", millie said with confidence. "he stole a fucking iphone from the mall, millie! you fucking murdered several people. youre out of his league.", noah said.

i rolled my eyes at the two people arguing in front of me. finn turned to me with a smirk and said, "so y/n, i heard all about what you and wyatt did last night in your cell.". "yeah, i cut his face. i will gladly do the same thing to you if you dont shut the fuck up.", i snapped back. he turned away with his hands up in defense. he started to laugh. god, his laugh was adorable.

'shit.'

~time skip~

it was now time for hall E lunch. all of the lunatics walked in a pack into the big room. as soon as we entered everyone stopped talking and stared at us. we ignored them and we continued walking to our table, which was in the center of the lunchroom. we grabbed our trays of shit and we all sat back down. i sat next to wyatt and jaeden. "so what about the officer that chased you?", i asked gaten. "oh dont worry i took care of him.", he said with a smirk. i shrugged and turned to wyatt.

"wyatt, how have you not gotten caught for assaulting that officer?", i asked. "i hit him in his temple, y/n. hes not gonna remember anything.", he explained. i nodded as i tried to eat my food. "oh and thanks for saving me back there, dickwad.", i said with a smile. "anytime, princess.", he responded with a wink. i playfully shoved him and we both laughed. damn, i loved that smile...

'fuck.'

"anyways, are we going to try and get caleb out or are we just gonna leave him there to die?", sophia asked everyone. "sadie and i are gonna get his ass.", gaten responded. sophia nodded. the rest of the lunatics and i continued talking about random shit and laughing our asses off. i could feel my eyes becoming heavier by the second, so i leaned my head on wyatt's shoulder. "whatcha doin, princess?", wyatt said as he looked down at me with a grin. "im tired." i said with a yawn. wyatt put his head on top of mine and he continued to talk to the other lunatics. i could feel myself drifting off to sleep until i heard my name get called. "y/n y/l/n? please come to the main office.", the intercom said.

"shit, you dont think they know?", i said to wyatt as i lifted my head off of his shoulder. "they shouldnt. gaten and i took care of them.", he said. i sighed and got up. "good luck", everyone said in unison. i walked down the long dull corridor until i reached the main office. i took in deep breath before i turned the doorknob. as soon as i opened the door, to the white room that i couldn't stand, a wave of fear rushed over me.

'oh no.'

FINNS POV.

i watched as y/n leaned her head on wyatt's shoulder. i rolled my eyes. 'god what does she see in him?' i turned away and talked to noah, so i could at least try and get my mind off of her. "y/n y/l/n? please come to the main office.", the intercom said. she looked a little worried and i grew suspicious. she asked something to wyatt, but i couldn't really tell what she was saying because of the noisy lunchroom. she got up from her seat, "good luck", we all said. i watched her slowly walk out of the lunchroom doors. i loved the way she would braid her hair to the side. she was so memorizing.

'oh no. ive never felt like this before. what is this feeling? ive never acted this way towards someone.'

'ive never loved anyone like this before.'

word count: 1070