| questions.

"you're beautiful, but you're broken"

WYATT'S POV-

i stood at the foot of y/n's bed and i felt a wave of pity for her. she looked entirely beat. i took a deep breath in. my heart is a warm, beating hammer in the back of my throat. i opened my mouth to say something, but no words came out. before i could say anything, finn barged into the room.

'great'

YOUR POV-

"thank god you're okay!!", finn said as he ran over to my bed. his smile lit up the room and i found myself smiling back at him. i turned my head to look at wyatt, who looked annoyed. "i've got to go.", wyatt said as he slammed the door open and stormed off out of the hospital room.

finn sat down beside me and just until now i've just realized how uncomfortable this piece of shit was. "how are you feeling?", he said. i turned to look into his dark brown eyes and i paused. "uh- i'm-i'm fine.", i said with a fake smile. we both knew that i wasn't okay.

nona quietly opened the door and said, "you are- oh finnie!!! how are you?". she scrambled over to where finn and i were sitting and engulfed him in a bear hug. "i'm fine.", finn said as he tried to get her off of her.

she let go and fixed her dress and stood back up. she straightened her posture and spoke up, "anyways, i just wanted to come and tell you that you're free to go. you must wait for natalia and officer david to bring you to your cell.".

i nodded in response. finn eventually left and i fiddled with my pocketknife as i waited for my escorts to get here. finally i heard two knocks on the door. "come in!", i yelled. it was david and natalia.

~time skip~

"i'm so glad you're better.", natalia said with a soft smile. she walked out of the room and left me all alone in my cell. suddenly my mind started running crazy.

'what if cara comes and gets me? what if she kills me in my sleep? what if she puts me in confinement?' of course, i didn't sleep a wink that night.

~next morning~

i got up and did my normal routine. i left my hair down and i made sure to put my pocketknife in my sock. i looked in the mirror and the bags under my eyes were almost black. 'god i hate this place.'

i walked out of my cell and i ran to sadie's room. the whole gang was there and they all smiled when i walked in. "what's up y/n?", noah asked. but i just ignored his question and laid on sadie's bed.

"okay, just ignore me.", noah said. "sorry, i just haven't been sleeping a lot lately.", i explained. i sat back up and looked around the room. wyatt caught my eye because of his wild curls. i continued to look around the group of kids and i noticed something was missing, but i just shrugged it off. "so who wants to play truth or dare?", gaten said with a smirk across his face.

we started playing and some things got juicy. we found out that millie had kissed jacob and that they were a confirmed couple. noah, of course, was not happy at all. jaeden then dared jack and sophia to makeout.

we then found out that sophia was a lesbian. finally, it was my turn. "y/n, i dare you to give wyatt a lap dance.", caleb said out of pure hatred. 'shit. fuck. shit.'

i looked at wyatt and he was already ready. he tapped his lap and said, "daddy's waiting." with a smirk drawn across his face. i rolled my eyes and slowly stood up.

i got on my knees and opened wyatts legs. "well, daddy's gonna have to wait a little longer.", i said knowing damn-well what time it was. i trailed my hand up his thigh until it almost touched his crotch.

the bell rang.

i smirked and stood up then i walked away. i heard claps behind me but i didn't turn around. i smiled to myself knowing deep down that i have an obsession with teasing wyatt. 'oops?'

~time skip~

we reached the lunchroom and i grabbed a tray that sat on a metal rack. i walked down the line and i encountered the asshole lunchlady again. i rolled my eyes. she poured food onto my tray with a sly smile.

"would you fucking stop looking at me?", i said. she looked a bit taken back but she responded with, "i know what you did to cara. don't make me go tell her. i'll make sure she kills your pathetic self."

i walked away from the lunch line and i slammed my tray on the table. "woah, what's up with you, princess? i'm the one who should be mad.", wyatt said. "shut up wyatt.", i told him.

i slumped in my seat and i thought about what had happened a few days ago. 'how does cara not know? there were other officers in there who should surely know what happened. does cara already know?'

wyatt noticed my discomfort and he put a hand on my back. "are you okay?", he said reassuringly. i lifted my head from my hands and i nodded. we both knew i wasn't.

i stopped thinking for a moment and i looked around the table. i still felt like something was missing again. then i noticed it.

finn was gone.

~

stay wonderful

-lyla xoxo

~

word count:
970 words👼🏼