boop. lúcio.

pairing: lucio x reader
genre: fluff
warnings: none

"lucio's habit of booping people around headquarters is getting way too out of hand" soldier 76 stated, his fist slamming down onto the table in front of genji, making him jump slightly. "he's distracting..." d.va muttered, you chuckled.

though, you have never been booped, you knew from stories both d.va and tracer have told you it was getting annoying. "i haven't ever been booped...?" your voice rang out in the now empty room, 76's head seemed to swivel a 360 as mercy chuckled under her breath. you heard ana mutter a small "oh dear" as 76 took a step towards you.

"you... you are lucky." his gruff voice got softer as reinhardt burst out laughing. torbjorn leant against his turret in the corner of the room as he laughed slightly. "lucky? how am i supposed to relate to this conversation if i have no experience with what he's done to you guys?"

"okay she has a point." d.va spoke, her eyes glancing over to you. "you want... to get booped?" genji's japanese laced accent spoke out from across the table. he rested his head on a metallic hand as you shrugged your shoulders.

"i just don't know how i could have any say in what you guys are talking about if it's never happened to me personally...?" you stated, hesitantly as you noticed everyone's eyes were now on you.

"alright... go get booped, y/n. if it's what you really want."

with 76's last comment, you were dismissed from the meeting as you went to go find the speedy dj himself.

★彡

the first thing you did when you were dismissed from the unrelatable meeting with the rest of the members actually went and took a nap. you were exhausted, your previous mission had worn you down both physically and mentally. your team consisted of lucio, d.va, reinhardt, torbjorn, and mercy. you won the game, but you were still tired after that.

you slept for about three hours, around this time everyone was already out of the meeting and back in their rooms or hanging out in the living room (in the case of 76, making new battle plans for the next mission).

lucio's room was across base from your room, meaning you'd have to go through the living room and part of the kitchen to get to his section of headquarters. you knew d.va would be playing games on the console 76 had in the living room, so you knew you'd have to get past her without being suspicious of anything you were doing.

you shut the door to your room quietly behind you as you tiptoed closer to the living room. the form of reinhardt sat on the couch as d.vas small form sat on the floor with a bag of chips and a soda next to her.

"ah y/n!" reinhardt boomed across the living room.

how could he hear me?! the voice in your head questioned frantically, oh god. act natural y/n act natural.

"hi reinhardt..."

way to go for being natural!

"lucio's looking for you." d.va spoke from her spot on the floor, her eyes still glued to the television screen as she shoved another chip in her mouth. "he is? why?" you asked, confused. d.va shrugged. reinhardt laughed, "i'd go find him before he boops this whole room, y/n!"

you rolled your eyes as you slipped out of the living room and into the hallway containing genji, ana, reinhardt, and lucio's room. he was definitely in his room, one of his songs was bursting through the door as loud as it could be.

you raised a hasty hand and knocked on the door. the truth was, you always liked lucio. not just for his music, but he was always nice to you in the small conversations you had whenever you passed each other in the hallways or on the battlefield. he never killed you once when you were on the other team, even if you were on the objective.

"coming!" his voice came from behind the door, a laugh following shortly after. "oh, y/n! are you here to complain about the loud music? sorry about that!" the relaxation in his voice made you question your own calmness throughout awkward situations like the one you had been in now.

"no i'm not here to complain, i like the music actually." you told him, smiling as you see his lips turn upward. "thanks, you're the only person who's heard that much of the new song, so i'm glad you like it." you hummed in response, "of course i like it. i've always liked your music."

"thank you."

"anytime."

"anyways, is there something you wanted?" he asked you, patting the spot next to him on his bed and turning to face you. "oh. right."

"so all of headquarters has this thing with you 'booping' them...? i don't know what that is. i haven't ever been booped by you... have i?" you asked, your voice shaking slightly. what if he laughed at your question.

"you haven't been booped because i wanted to find the right time to boop you." his voice held confidence, he gave you a smile. "the right time...? what does that mean?"

"it means i wanted to find the perfect time to kiss you, y/n."

"what? kiss me? you... want to kiss me?" your voice was shakier than before, and your cheeks flushed a dark red. "is that just what... booping is? is that normal for you to do to everyone else?"

"no i don't kiss anyone else!" he laughed. "you're cute flustered."

your cheeks flushed a darker red and your eyes widened even larger. "uhm... thank you."

he began to lean fowards slightly, glancing into your eyes as if asking for permission to kiss you. you nodded, feeling your eyes close without you telling your brain to close them. the kiss didn't last long, it was more of a peck than a kiss, but it still counted.

here it was, the boop. lucio's hand reached out to touch your nose, as a finger pressed against it, only one word slipped out of his mouth.

"boop!"

words: 1020

a/n; lucio's one of my favorite characters. i never play him but i have a strong connection towards his interests and i clicked with him a lot. i hope you enjoyed this!