repaid. zenyatta.

pairing: zenyatta x reader
genre: incredibly fluffy (but with slight angst and some injuries)
warnings: none

in some ways, you felt like you needed to repay zenyatta for what he did last week. he had saved you from sombra, who had decided to flank while she was invisible, shooting him, who had gotten in her line of fire, before she ran away.

you had all gone on a trip to ilios a few weeks after zenyatta had saved you. your team consisted of you and zenyatta as the healers, reinhardt and roadhog as tanks, as well as genji and tracer for your damage. the other team had sombra, widowmaker, moira, brigitte, hammond, and d.va.

no one had known where widowmaker's little sniper area was until you saw the sun reflect off of her gun. the barrel of her gun was pointed right at zenyatta's head, while he was focused on taking out moira. she shot, and she missed, hitting genji in the chest behind him. zenyatta immediately turned around, placing his orb of harmony on him as he ran off, presumably about to flank her.

she reloaded her gun, aiming at zenyatta again. you could tell she would put a bullet right through his head if you didn't do something. right as the shot fired, you took the bullet for him. you got hit in the lower stomach, which wasn't too much compared to what you had been through before, though you could still see the panic on zenyatta's face.

you offered him a smile as he took his orb of harmony off of genji, giving it to you instead. you smiled at him, closing your eyes as he rested his hand on top of yours for comfort. the last thing you remember was genji shouting his ultimate line, and hearing the word, "victory" come triumphantly over the speakers.

★彡

zenyatta was in a slump. he had had a conversation with genji on the way back from ilios, the orb of harmony never leaving your side as he looked over at you, worry displayed across his usually calm features. he felt stupid, for the first time in a long time. he should've known you would do something like that for him after he took a bullet for you a few months before.

you were always like that, putting others before yourself, but never have you taken a bullet for someone else in battle. zenyatta was the first. in a way, he felt special, though he wishes you didn't do it anyways. he would've been fine, he had you there to heal him, but you had spoken to him before about how you wanted to repay him for saving you from sombra's flanks before.

"you know, master," genji's voice drove him out of his thoughts, "if i didn't know any better, i would say you like them." he spoke, a smirk coming to his face from underneath his visor as he gently squeezed on your hand for comfort. "of course, i like them genji.. they're very important to me."

"i don't mean just as friends, master!" he exclaimed, glancing over at tracer, desperate for her to intervene and add a point of her own. "genji's right, zenny!" tracer giggled, using the newfound nickname she had came up with a few weeks prior, only ever saying it to his face now. "i see the way you two look at each other!" genji nodded quickly as zenyatta let go of your hand. if he could blush, he definitely would be in that moment.

★彡

mercy took care of you when you got back to overwatch headquarters. zenyatta stayed with you until you woke up, too worried to leave you alone despite mercy's continuous telling him that you would be alright.

you woke up with zenyatta's hand resting on your own. he was sitting in the chair next to your hospital bed, his robotic eyes closed, indicating he was resting. you decided to squeeze on his hand, making his eyes jolt open in surprise.

"y/n!" he spoke through soft chuckles, "i'm glad you're alright.." he continued, feeling your fingers slip through his metal ones. "if i didn't take that bullet for you, zen, you'd be the one here instead of me, and i would've.. never forgiven myself if you got hurt." you spoke, your cheeks flushing a soft pink in embarrassment, his eyes finding yours.

"that's.. very thoughtful of you, y/n, but i just wish it was me instead of you who got hurt."

"how long have you been here?' you asked, sitting up in your bed, looking over at him with his hand still in your grip. "ever since you got here.." he paused, "my love."

your eyes widened, looking up at him with a smile forming on your lips. "you're just too cute, you know?" you laughed, tugging on his hand, indicating for him to move closer to you. "but you didn't have to stay here, i knew i would be okay, zen."

he nodded slowly, moving closer to you like you wanted him too, "i couldn't help myself, y/n.." he spoke softly, feeling you tug on his hand again. "i don't want to be away from you. especially when you're in pain at my hands." zenyatta said, seeing you shake your head, "it was my decision to jump in front of you. if you got hurt, zen.. i don't know what i would do. i'd feel terrible for days, weeks, months even!" you exclaimed jokingly, getting up on your feet.

"but thank you," you started, pulling his form into your arms gently for a hug, "i've been wanting to tell you something for a long time.. and i'm thinking now or never, right?" you mumbled quietly against the fabric he was wearing, taking a deep breath before letting him go.

"i think i have feelings for you." you stated, looking down at your feet, clearly embarrassed at your own words. you looked back up at him after a minute of silence, his head was tilted to one side, which was a habit he had done whenever he got confused. for someone so wise, you didn't think he was this oblivious to your feelings.

"as in.. i think i like you. romantically." you continued, before adding a frantic, "it's okay if you don't feel the same!" he shook his head, a small laugh coming from him as he pulled you into his arms again.

"y/n, of course i feel the same. i am just.. shocked that it seems you don't care that i am an omnic." zenyatta mumbled, nuzzling his head against yours gently as you shook your head. "i like you for you, omnic or not, you cutie." you laughed.

"it's my turn to take the next bullet for you, hm?"

"no way."

words: 1284

a/n; hi! boy has it been a long time since i've touched this book. since i've updated, hammond and ashe are both playable on the live servers, which is totally awesome! i'm super excited to update this book more frequently for you all!

unfortunately, the reason why i couldn't update as much as i wish i could was because of school getting in the way (just.. lots of homework).

but now, hopefully, i will be able to actually update this book more, and maybe produce a new book or two for you!

something i'm disappointed about, however, is that i've gotten no requests despite 2.7k reads (at the time i'm writing this chapter).

i'm supposed to help make your dreams come true! so don't be shy, people, i won't judge anything you request to me, i promise!

thank you for sticking with this book for so long! it's super appreciated for a small writer like me!