Ch.14 Darkness Shall Rise

(A/N): My own imagination of how the (Y/N) looks in my head. This isn't how I actually look BTW, just my thoughts.

~(Y/N)'s POV~

It's been a few days since the Devourer was unleashed and caused havoc into the city. Now everyone's cleaning and building the place back up again. Some aren't really doing much to fix their beloved home and are doing their own thing while others are actually trying to help fix the place.

In the midst of all this, I found out that the white rose is what can retract my wings. It didn't hurt when my wings disappeared away from my body. All I did was smell the rose to see what it would smell like and it smelled pleasant; it smelled like a forest in the sky mixed with a hint of rain—a rain forest? It was a pleasant type of rain forest smell. I don't really know what happened to my wings when they went away, but I'm glad it didn't hurt. I also noticed that my irises were pink but went back to their normal color, (e/c). I wonder if my wings were a one-time thing, or maybe there's a connection to my wings and my eyes being pink. Maybe they'll only come out when I'm angry? I'll figure this one out on my own time.

The ninjas are out, helping the citizens with fixing the city while Nya and Sensei are finding us a place to live. They dropped Lloyd and I to an arcade—a decent one this time, based on Lloyd's experience. Since I'm out in the open, I still have my hood up.

He explained to me a few of his favorite arcade games and taught me how to play. It was fun while it lasted: after getting used to the controls, I whooped Lloyd's butt on half of the games he showed me. I guess that was a win-win for both of us.

We got a little bored in there and he decided to bring me some play else. I was about to ask him how he knew his place around until we reach our destination, which was like a couple blocks down from the arcade. Huh, convenient.

I look up to see the sign of the store say 'Ninjago Doomsday Comix'. The 'Doomsday' part of the name makes me a little concerned, but I brush it off. It's probably to help make it seem cooler or something.

We enter to see the store, seeing...a bunch of books??

"What is this place?" I ask.

"This is a comic place," informs Lloyd. "I notice you only reading big books, so I decided that you should try some comics instead."

"Comics?"

"Don't tell me..." he pauses, then looks at me. "You don't know what a comic book is?"

"Nope, but I do now," I say, grabbing a random comic from the shelf and turning to Lloyd. "Are these, like, a different form of book?"

"Yeah. They're more like picture books, but they're still really good!"

   "Picture books?"

   I look at the cover. Shadow Boy, with a cover of a silhouette of a boy and a shadow behind him. I, uh...don't see a name for the author. Usually books with pictures are for little kids to get them more intrigued with the book their reading since they don't have a very big vocabulary set in their brain, yet—or at least, from what I've seen. I look at Lloyd questionably.

   "The Shadow Boy is a good comic, but not my favorite. It's about this boy who's shadow is actually like a living person! It does things on it's own, even when the boy isn't." (A/N: The comic is actually in the comic store, but I'm making up the story FYI.)

   I raise my eyebrows in interest then back at the comic. That goes against logic, but it is interesting. I open up the thin book to see a bunch of pictures and dialogue.