Ch.17 Child's Play

(A/N): Okay, so maybe I did skip Ninjagball Run and I'm sorry for that. To be blunt, it's one of my least favorite episodes—sorry to those who love that episode. I'm not saying that I hate it, I just find it a little...tasteless for my likings. Again, I apologize to those who wanted that episode, but even if I did make it, it would have probably been short. Thank you for understanding :')

 Thank you for understanding :')

Btw, this is your new outfit. You'll see why when you read. Above is my OC version of the Purple Ninja. (You can tell that by the legs, I got lazy :) )

On to the story!

~(Y/N)'s POV~

So, we got the Bounty back! Let's rewind time a bit and explain how this was even possible.

Dareth fell behind on some payments and had to make a load of money to pay the bills back by tomorrow. Because of this, the Ninja and I had to enter a race called Ninjaball Run, said to be the most dangerous course known to man. The Ninja traveled through the Ultra Sonic Radar, Lloyd rode the dragon as partial practice, and—for the sake of the dojo and Ninjago—I used my wings.

The race itself was already extremely long, so I kind of regretted even testing my wings for that at all, but Dareth wasn't kidding when he said how dangerous the course was. You had to be prepared for anything. We were going through snow, forests, canyons, and deserts in this race. It surprised me how they even managed to catch all of us on camera.

Somewhere near the end of the race, a wild Garmadon appeared! He tried to sabotage the race by adding more danger to it. Key word: tried. He ended up failing. He tried to create a huge gap that he thought the Ninja would never be able to cross, little did he know that I was in the game, too, and didn't need the ground.

I was exhausted, but I couldn't just stop. I convinced the Ninja to use the new, special lever Nya added to their vehicle that helped them across. The whole thing was so clutch. Garmadon and the Ninja were head to head on each other—one trying to get farther than the other. I went out of my way to push my wings to their limits by flapping them sporadically, trying to go as fast as I possibly could as I pushed the Ninja's tank.

In the end, the guys won! Dareth won an actual gold trophie and received the money to keep his dojo. He was overjoyed by this, thanking us and did a cannonball inside the trophie with the money. But, of course, Garmadon wasn't going to quit right there, not even after losing the ship. He pointed me out and said how my wings weren't human—as if he has the right to judge like that. No one has the looks that he does. People took his words into consideration, but I was able to lie my way out of there, saying that it's just an enhanced jetpack—a realistic jetpack.