[ 1 ]

louis took one last swig from the bottle, throwing the empty containter to the ground, watching it shatter, joining the five other bottles. his eyes were glossy, parlty because of the tears beginning to form and partly because of the amount of alcohol he consumed. louis's resort was alcohol, but it had never progressed to this point. 

everything hurt inside him. all he wanted to do was die, at this point. he wanted to curl into a ball and sob away his troubles. he couldn't sleep nor eat, and it took all that was left of him not to punch the wall. every thought that fled into his mind was just a reminder of his sorrow. every picture that appeared in his mind was just another reminder.

the worst part was that he only blamed himself. he hated himself for letting what made him happy ultimately turn into something that made him sad. he hated himself for being such a strong believer. he hated that he was an optimist. 

"louis?"

his bloodshot eyes turned towards the door, closing for a few seconds, only praying that he was seeing things.

"louis."

his eyelids fluttered open, facing the only person he didn't want to face. 

"louis, you can't just shut yourself out like this."

"when is it enough for you? when are you done being so selfish? you always come around and show me that you care so much, only to walk away from me, and you always come back and tell me what i should or shouldn't do," louis raised his voice.

"i'm sorry," she whispered, holding louis as tears rolled down his cheeks.

louis knew that his life was an endless cycle he couldn't escape. he knew that by repeating the process, he was digging a bigger hole for himself, but the smell of her lavender shampoo, the touch of her silky skin, and the way her arms clung to his fragile waistline felt perfect, and it made him think that everything he ever went through was worth it.

aww my poor baby