[ 6 ]

harry met louis on february 15th when louis moved next door to him. 

it was no secret to harry that louis was vulnerable and easy to take advantage of. when she first showed up at louis's doorstep, harry smiled at her, but he knew that something was off about her. he tried to warn louis, but louis only yelled at him and said that harry was just jealous of him. 

nonetheless, harry stuck around. he was there for louis whenever and those nights where louis was upset more than usual, he would down a couple of beers with him. 

harry never raised his voice at louis; he never scolded louis for being so stupid because he thought the best way to learn was to experience it first-handedly, but that didn't mean harry didn't feel guilty. everyday, harry heard the sobs of his friend through the paper thin walls, and it took everything inside of him to stay in bed and cover his ears instead of trying to knock some sense into louis.

harry hated hearing the whimpering and the wailing; harry hated hearing the sound of glass shattering from the other apartment. harry hated everything about the new louis.

he hated seeing the girl leaving at six in the morning when she had spent the night, leaving louis confused and alone. 

he only prayed that the storm would pass through soon enough because he was close to his breaking point.

this is gonna be over soon