[ 2 ]

louis woke up alone and with tears streaking down his face. by now, he could never tell the difference between reality and dreams. as he walked around his house, there were no beer bottles shattered on the floor. there were no traces of anyone in the apartment beside him. the only evidence of the previous night was the alcohol that could be smelled on his breath. 

tears automatically began falling from his eyes as the truth dawned him. he had let her come running in again, only to leave him alone and more fragile than ever. the pieces of his heart were taped together recklessly, and they were moments away from shattering again.

again and again, louis made the same mistake, but how could he not? 

she was the definition of perfection, in his opinion, and one night was more than enough, even if the aftermath was not pretty. 

her visits were always a week apart, and louis would hold the taped heart with carefulness until the day would come when he would break down sobbing and drinking, until she would return once more, to refill his happiness for a few days, only to drain it away all at once. 

louis hated her, but he couldn't help hating himself more for continuously letting her manipulate him, like a puppet.

for the next couple of days, all louis could do was cry until the urge for alcohol was back again.

it pains me to write this