Fifth song

- I'm... I'm sorry, Kurt.

- It doesn't matter. Who are you and what are you doing here?

His blue gaze kept me motionless in front of him. I can't explain in words what I felt in those moments. A part of me wanted to rush into his arms and not let him go while another just wanted to run away from there. That was too hard. It had always been too easy to live assuming that he was dead and that he would never come back. It was always easy to cry of impotence for the amount of things I wanted to say but could never say. And all that vanished the moment he put his hand on my left shoulder, bringing me out of the state of shock I was in.

- Hey, are you okay?

His voice was sharper than in most of his songs and wasn't as ripped as I thought. It was a calm, very calm, sweet voice... It was a perfect voice that I keep listening to my ninety two years every time I close my eyes.

- Y... Yes...

- Who are you?

- My name is... My name is Narel.

- Fuck, what a weird name.

His comment made me laugh, although I choked on my own saliva due to the anxiety that was making me that moment.

He brought his right hand up to his forehead and moved it over his head, dragging the strands that covered his face. He was much more handsome than I remembered from what the cameras captured. And his look was too intense.

- Narel! What are you doing?

Denys' voice caused Kurt and I to become frightened and cut off the visual contact that we kept silent for a few long seconds.

- Oh nothing... I just came to drink some water.

- Come with me. Alice and you must go to take place now, the doors open in two minutes.

- To take a good place? -Kurt laughed.

- My girlfriend and she are very fans of you and I want them to have the detail of being in the front row, you know.

- Oh, I understand. -blue and blue connected again- Well Narel, I hope you enjoy the concert. See you in fifteen minutes.

His final smile made a pang of pain go through my head for no apparent reason, but I hid it and followed in Denys's footsteps.

That night, Kurt Cobain, Dave Grohl and Krist Novoselic gave me the best concert of my life. I remember being very nervous in the front row in the center of the stage next to Alice, both excited. I didn't tell her that I had been with the singer for a few minutes because she would get too nervous and that would cause us both not to enjoy the concert as much as we should.

The doors opened and the crowd ran with all their might to get the best places. Everyone shouted, jumped and pushed each other cheering that Nirvana would come on stage.

When they finally did, the first one to enter was Dave, followed by Krist and Kurt. The lights went on centering the main focus on the singer.

- Good evening, Seattle! -he screamed.

- Are you ready to spend a fucking cool night? -Krist exclaimed.

It breaks my soul to remember that image of Krist. He was very happy playing with his best friends. Since Kurt died, he was never the same again.

The first song to sound was Lithium and I didn't take into account that I was the only person in the room who knew the lyrics.

- I'm so excited, I can't wait to meet you there.

Kurt's eyes met mine after saying that phrase and the sharp pain returned to the inside of my head. I didn't understand why, I just wanted to enjoy that concert and I was sure that nothing and no one was going to stop me, so I kept on screaming each and every one of the notes until the end.

- Narel! Are you aware that he's watching you all the fucking time? -Alice said in my ear between song and song.

- I think I still don't believe anything that is happening right now.

I looked back at the blonde with the torn jeans and I couldn't help but smile, to which he responded with another smile.