Eighth hangover

That night we drank a lot and ended up going in a taxi to an apartment in downtown Seattle. It seemed that the hours didn't pass, but we decided to end when Krist and Alice began to vomit.

The only thing I remember from the moment we arrived at the apartment is Kurt trying to open the door. His keys fell on the floor twice and he was unable to put it in the lock. We all had a fit of laughter and we couldn't stop.

When we finally got inside, Alice, Dave and I threw ourselves into the first sofa we saw and fell asleep.

The next thing I remember is waking up with a headache that I thought was going to explode at any moment. The sun hit me in the face because we didn't lower the blinds even though we should have arrived just before dawn began. When I finally opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was Alice leaning on Dave's shoulder.

A snore made me look down where I saw Kurt and Krist asleep on the floor next to a shelf full of vinyls. I began to remember that my I of 2017 had seen a photo with that same scene. Krist shirtless under a red blanket and Kurt at his side with a plaid blanket. I can assure you that the image was much prettier than actually seen in that photo.

Maybe I spent about five or more minutes watching Kurt in detail. It was him. He was real and he was in front of me. His breathing was calm and deep. He looked happy and relaxed, completely apart from his demons.

I was so focused that I didn't realize that Dave woke up until he gave a little cough and I saw him looking at me with an asshole grin on his face.

- All right? -he said laughing.

- shut up. -I said.

I got up and went to the kitchen trying to make as little noise as possible.

- There must be some ibuprofen or something like that here. -I said to myself- Wait, where the hell am I?

- In Kurt's apartment.

Dave was behind me.

- Are you chasing me or something? -I said- Dave, do you know if you have ibuprofen? My head is going to burst.

- I don't know, it's possible.

The drummer came to my side and opened one of the drawers of the countertop which was full of boxes of relaxing medications, helpers to sleep, anti-inflammatories and many more things, but they were mostly soothing.

At that time I was afraid that there would be heroin inside, but I thought Kurt would hide it so that his friends wouldn't see it.

The clock on the wall read 7:30 p.m. We had slept all day.

After taking a pill each, Dave and I went back to the room where the others were.

- Good morniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing! -he screamed.

- What the hell is going on in your head dude? -Kurt said startled throwing the cushion.

The blond pointed badly and the cushion ended in my face.

- I'm sorry, Narel.

- It doesn't matter-I smiled- But good morniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing!

I returned the cushion and we both laughed.

We were sitting there trying to remember some of the things that happened the night before because the mental gaps we had were enormous.

The noise of the doorbell startled us. Kurt got up and went to the door stirring his hair.

- What? You leave me standing and you're not even able to call me to tell me that you don't get the eggs for coming?