Tenth sadness

I didn't see him again in the following months. It was August 1992 and all I wanted was to return to 2017, but something prevented me. And that something was him.

Alice and I were still living together, although I practically didn't leave my room and all I did was smoke and drink coffee. However, she did see him again. Specifically, in those eleven months many things had happened, for example that she left her relationship with Denys and now she had something with Dave, or at least, I was sure that they would end up having it.

- Narel, I know you miss him.

- I don't miss anyone.

- We've known each other for almost a year. And you haven't seen him for almost a year... I've heard you cry at night. I don't know how or why, but it seems that you knew him from before. Why don't you want to see him?

- I don't want to fuck his life.

- And why would you do it? Narel, Dave tells me about him, he tells me that Kurt asks for you every time he comes home.

- Because yes, okay?

Alice didn't know that I belonged to another era and had the intention that she wouldn't find out, but the lies end up being discovered.

- Do you have something to hide?

- What? What is that?

- What the hell is this Narel?

Alice took out of the back pocket of her pants what in 2017 was my mobile. Obviously I didn't have a battery, but you could still guess what it was.

- Is nothing. -I said- Where did you get it?

- I found it in some boxes at the end of the closet. It's my house, remember?

- Have you been rummaging through my things?

- Oh no, Narel, honey. I went to get some of those boxes that I remember that are mine and I found this shit between them. Can you explain to me what the fuck is this?

I felt between the sword and the wall and I knew that if I didn't tell her the truth it would make everything worse.

- Promise me you're not going to laugh.

- Tell me what it is.

- It's a mobile. Do you know the bathrooms we met? Well, they are a portal. I have traveled in time.

- What the fuck have you got into the Narel body? -she laughed.

- Alice, I'm talking seriously. I come from 2017. For that year both the gas station and the road will be abandoned. A man sat next to me and told me about time travel... I decided to trust him and that's why I came. In my reality I wasn't even born yet. I was born in 97, too late for everything.

Alice kept laughing more and more and that frustrated me and burst inside.

- Tell me something that's going to happen, come on.

- Nirvana is going to release a third album that is going to be called In Utero.

- And how can I know that what you say is true?

- Ask Dave or just wait.

She nodded laughing.

- Alice, really. If I'm here, it's because I want to change what happened in the past. A horrible thing. But I don't see myself capable. -I said bursting into tears in the middle of the sentence without being able to avoid it.

- Hey calm down... -It seemed like she was starting to believe me- What thing?

- Kurt's suicide...

- What?

- Kurt is going to shoot himself on April 5, 94 Alice... I know life without him and I want to avoid that tragedy.