Chapter 2

CHAPTER 2/Work Days & Birthdays

"All this work!" Ron groaned in frustration as we sorted through gifts for the wedding.

I nodded quickly in agreement, putting a particularly heavy one onto the table, relieved to have the weight out of my arms. A moment later Siri and Hermione returned, both carrying rather large gifts.

"Here's another one." Siri huffed, carefully eitting it down on the floor next to the others, toeing it so it fit perfectly in like a piece in a puzzle. We had been here for at least two, maybe three hours, sorting and piling.

"This is insane. No one can get this many presents for one event." I said tiredly. I saw Siri nod in agreement, opening her mouth to speak when Bill Weasley walked in, looking rather sneaky.

"Hello!" He greeted quietly, wincing when the floor creaked under his weight. Siri rolled her eyes, gesturing to the presents that still needed to be sorted with a flippant hand.

"As long a you're hiding from Molly, care to lend a hand?" She asked. Bill grinned slightly, shaking his head.

"Ah, no thanks. Looks like you've got things under control."

"Of course it does." Siri said sourly as Bill crossed the room, disappearing into another one as quietly as possible. Crossing her arms, Siri sighed as she surveyed the amount of gifts, her hip cocked out to the side.

"I can't believe it. I turn seventeen in two days, and I still can't use magic. It would make this so much easier!" Siri said, watching as Ron used his wand to hover a present onto a table. I shrugged, lifting up another gift.

"How do you think I feel?" I asked as I set it down on the table. "Mine's tomorrow."

Siri considered this.

"Touche', Potter. Can you help me with this?" She asked, pointing to a particularly wide present. Grabbing the other end, we lifted it up into the table, setting it down as lightly as we could. Siri winced when there was a small breaking sound from inside, like glass. We exchanged looks before stepping away quickly.

Siri was wiping her hands off, saying something about blisters when Gabrielle walked in, dressed in a knee-length gold dress that shimmered prettily in the light. She wore a smile that spoke of planned mischief.

"What do you think, Ziri?" Gabrielle asked, giving a small spin that I think may have been meant for my benefit more than Siri's. Siri's expression had become annoyed.

"First thing first, I think you need to learn to say my name right. It's been a year, short stuff. Get it right. It's S-iri. Not Z-iri. If your mom can say it right, so can you." Siri said, arms crossed over her chest. "And second of all, we both know you look fine, Gabrielle. Now, why not you get back to the dressing room. It would be awful if something happened to that dress, wouldn't it?"

Gabrielle's eyes widened, and she let out a small sound of protest before turning on her heel,flying up the stairs with a grace that I suppose came with being part Veela.

"Little rat. She's been saying my name wrong all summer on purpose." Siri said, and I grinned amusedly as she rolled her eyes, running her fingers through her hair before looking to me.

"So, you think I can get away with some m-" Siri started, an eyebrow raised with a wicked grin when there was a shout from the other side of the house. The four of us didn't hesitate to go see what had caused it.

The sun was hot on our skin as we went outside, turning the corner. Kingsley, Mr. Weasley, Remus, Bill, Charlie and Fred appeared to be working on placing a large white tent in one of the fields, and with some struggle.