 one 

Taehyung, contrary to popular belief, is actually a very observant individual.

He likes to stay quiet for a moment and just take in everything going on around him. To really look at the people who talk with their friends, at the way they eat their lunch, he just likes to lay back for a moment and breathe that all in.

Hoseok is adamant that this is quite impossible for Taehyung to achieve because Taehyung is one of the most distracting human beings to ever exist on planet earth, no wait, actually the whole universe.

This tends to lead to a huge argument between the two of them about how Hoseok is exaggerating and how he should go back to his grumpy boyfriend and mind his business.

Taehyung likes to think that that he isn't that distracted. Yeah sometimes he doesn't finish a project on time until the day before it's due but that's usually because he had to go over to Hoseok's house and play Battlefield.

And fine, he'll admit that his attention span is almost equivalent to a peanut ( "why do you need to degrade a peanut like that Tae," He can almost hear Yoongi say) and how he doesn't concentrate at dance practice because he's too busy thinking about what he'll eat when he gets home. But that's just what makes the picture of Kim Taehyung.

And to prove to Hoseok that he isn't easily the most distracted human being on planet earth he sat down at the library for an entire hour and read his notes for the upcoming history test.

Which, may he add, had been complete torture.

Taehyung can't understand how some people can sit down on a chair for a whole hour and read boring notes about what people did a hundred years ago, yeah great for them that they were able to gain freedom but Taehyung would just like to go home and get online to play COD or something.

So while Taehyung is boringly flipping through the pages of his notebook and almost falling asleep with his palm on his cheek to keep himself from falling asleep he decides to take a small break.

He thinks about eating the poptart in his backpack and drinking the apple juice he stole from Hoseok and closing his notebook so he can wake up and not fall asleep and drool all over his notes.

So while he plugs his earphones into his phone and plays some music and takes a bite from his snack he decides to observe the very boring surroundings of the library.

That's how he notices the boy.

Actually it's two boys but he knows one of them so they don't count.

The first boy is Kim Namjoon, one year above him and shares a few classes with Hoseok.

The guy is a complete nerd, always has his nose in a book - and Taehyung is talking about those dusty thick books no one his age reads anymore - and doesn't really make eye contact with people.

He's a stuttering mess and Taehyung has wince too many times at the amount of times the tall lanky boy trips down the stairs.

The second boy is Kim Seokjin, he's in Yoongi's grade - a senior - and is part of the varsity choir. Taehyung's heard him sing before and honestly it sounds like angels coming down from heaven.

Seokjin is also part of the drama club, he's taken most of the lead roles in the plays and has won plenty of awards for them. He's one of the students at the top of the high school hierarchy.

Basically, Seokjin has no idea that Namjoon exists. A pity really since Namjoon is so quite obviously pining after him.

It's quite adorable in Taehyung's opinion. So much in fact that he decides after the fourth day of observing (stalking) Namjoon that he's going to help him get the attention of Seokjin.