 six 

Taehyung ended up falling asleep three minutes into the play.

Namjoon can't even bother in getting annoyed with the younger when he himself felt like nodding off, the way Taehyung's head rested on his shoulder, his body warm and making him feel tingly made Namjoon want to close his eyes and fall into the hands of sleep.

The only reason why he stayed awake was because they were in the middle row where the actors could clearly see anyone in the middle row audience and Namjoon doesn't think Seokjin would find it entertaining if he found them cuddled up and asleep.

Overall Namjoon would say that the play wasn't that bad. It really wasn't, he's not being bias just because Seokjin played the lead role.

If he had to blame the sleep on anything than it'd be on the fact that the play they were watching was one of the more modern and too cliché ones for Namjoon to be invested in.

When they curtains are pulled down and the cast comes out to bow and everyone is clapping he carefully nudges Taehyung awake, removing a caramel curl away from Taehyung's golden forehead.

"Tae," Namjoon whispers, "Tae wake up."

Taehyung blinks one bleary eye open, "Is it over?"

Namjoon nods.

"Oh thank god. That took forever." Taehyung quickly stands up from his seat, Namjoon scoffs at that and follows quickly behind him.

Taehyung leads them out through a less crowded exit, the cool air of the night nipping gently at their faces. Taehyung scrambles over to Namjoon's parked car, whining at him to hurry up because he's tired.

"It wasn't that bad," Namjoon huffs out.

Taehyung pouts and crosses his hands over his chest, "Yeah it was. And you're only saying that because Seokjin hyung was playing that weird creepy dude, honestly I don't know how people actually enjoy watching stuff like that."

Namjoon unlocks the car, turning it on and already pulling it on drive. "It's more of what the moral is Taehyung, like how the main character was selfish and then realized that greed would get him nowhere-"

"Blah, blah, blah. That's all bull Namjoon hyung." He softens his voice when he notices the way Namjoon flinches, "Sorry. It's just-" he smiles as he turns his shiny brown eyes at Namjoon, reflecting the city lights that the zoom past by, "I don't really understand the logic and science behind the play."

Namjoon bursts into laughter, shaking his head and going down a different road. "You are the worse, why am I friends with you again?"

Taehyung shrugs, "'Cause you love me." And it's supposed to sound natural, not strained and tight like how Taehyung feels it sounds.

But Namjoon doesn't seem to notice.

He doesn't notice it because he's suddenly being invaded with the sudden thought that Taehyung actually likes him, he genuinely wants to be friends with him.

And Namjoon really, really enjoys how Taehyung had rolled the 'cause you love me' like as if they had been best buddies since the beginning of time.

Namjoon tightens his hold on the wheel, making another turn until a neon light sign shines in the darkness and a noddle shop comes into view.

Taehyung doesn't question that their at a restaurant, instead he grins and runs out the car door as soon as Namjoon parks, his body a blur of colors that fly to the front door.

He looks like an excited puppy as he waits for Namjoon, and then gets frustrated at how much of a slow poke Namjoon is since he ends up grabbing his hand and pulling him into the nearly empty noodle take out place.

It's dark inside, just the light of neon signs lighting up the place. Namjoon marvels at the way the dark blue and bright purple shine down on Taehyung's bronzed skin, making him glow in its harsh lighting in an ethereal way.

"You're going to pay for me aren't you?"

"Duh, I know you live in a trash can and can't afford a cheap bowl of ramen." Namjoon replies back snarky.

Taehyung gasps in mock offense, "I cannot believe this. Who are you and what have you done with my Namjoonie hyung?" He points an accusatory finger at him but there's a soft laughter playing in his hazel eyes, the neon pink reflecting over the nearly invisible green specks in his eyes.

Namjoon rolls his eyes (he's been doing this a lot lately around Taehyung) and pushes him into a booth in the corner of the restaurant. "Stop being overdramatic and tell me what you want."

Taehyung pouts his lips, shining red due to the opaque red lights. "You've gotten awfully snidely," Taehyung grumbles and sticks his tongue out at him. Namjoon laughs and walks to the front of the shop to order them some food.

When he turns back to look at Taehyung he's shocked to find the younger staring at him intently and then widening his eyes when he's caught staring so blatantly, turning his face to the wall as he reads the signs.

Namjoon is even more shocked when he realizes he hasn't stuttered over a single word since talking to Seokjin.

He brushes the feeling off when the lady at the front gives him is change and then their orders. He can deal with whatever this is he's feeling later, when he's got a full stomach and Taehyung stops staring at him like he's bringing life to the world.

lol i finally updated, there, sorry for the long wait. more updates coming soon ♡♡