 three 

"Okay so we can start off the essay by writing down the main points you'll be using for your body paragraphs,"

Taehyung closes his open mouth and nods, "Once we have that I'll help you write your introduction. By the way, who's your teacher?"

Taehyung rubs his eyes and writes down everything Namjoon said, "Uhh ... Dr. Lee."

Taehyung feels Namjoon's heavy stare on him, "Dr. Lee? The advanced History teacher?" Namjoon looks thoroughly confused and Taehyung avoids looking at him. "Mhm, I didn't know you were taking advance classes. Or that he assigned us an essay."

Taehyung scratches his neck and hastily puts his book into his backpack. "You know, I think the library is going to close soon so we should probably get going."

Namjoon opens his mouth as if to say something but then shuts it and nods. He gets up and pushes his chair back to the table, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Uh, hey wait up!"

Taehyung slows down from his fast pace, "Yeah?"

"Would you ... do you want a ride?" Namjoon timidly asks.

Taehyung blinks and is in complete shock, mostly because this is a perfect opportunity to get close to Namjoon. "If you don't mind, I live like ten minutes away."

Namjoon is silent for a moment, surprised that Taehyung actually took him up on his offer. "Okay then, this way."

Taehyung grins and follows into step with Namjoon, the walk to the car is in silence, not an awkward kind but more of a we don't know each other to make a conversation kind of silence.

Taehyung is surprised when they both suddenly stop in front of a nice, sleek, and expensive looking BMW. His jaw is gaped and he's staring at the black shiny car in awe.

"Holy shit," Taehyung whispers, "Is this your ride?"

Namjoon shifts shyly but there's something akin to pride in his brown eyes when he answers to Taehyung, "Uhm yeah, it was a birthday gift last year."

Taehyung runs a smooth hand over the roof of the car, he can see his distorted relfection from where he looks down at it. "Damn, you must be rich to afford a baby like this."

Namjoon shrugs and unlocks the doors to the car, Taehyung shamelessly whistles the minute he enters the car.

It's all still new, clean nude leather seats, the carpet clean of crumbles, it smells like mint and cinnamon and expensive cologne.

Taehyung buckles his seat belt and feels the smooth engine purr beneath him, Namjoon turns on the radio and flushes a bit when Nas plays through the speakers.

Taehyung gives directions to where he lives, which isn't such a great idea because as it turns out Taehyung is possibly the worst person to ever give directions.

He's so off from where he lives that they end up thirty minutes on the opposite side of town and Taehyung ignores the flip in his stomach when Namjoon laughs and tells him to just insert his address into the GPS.

Taehyung taps his hands gently over his jeans, bobbing his head to the sound of Childish Gambino when he starts playing over the speakers.

"You like rap?" Taehyung asks to fill up the silence in the car.

Namjoon hums as they stop at a red light, "Uh yeah, I've always had an interest for the genre. My parents aren't big fans of it, but they seem to get the memo that I like it so they tolerate it."

Namjoon turns to look at him, "Do you like it?"

"Yea, when you've been best friends with Hoseok whose been crushing on Yoongi since the fourth grade and has a particular interest for Hip Hop you end up listening to a lot of rap just to impress your crush."

Namjoon laughs and drives forward when the light turns green. They make small talk, Taehyung resting his head back on the soft leather seat while he watches and listens to Namjoon talk rapidly about some of his favorite rappers and his favorite songs.

Taehyung thinks it's cute how Namjoon's eyes widen just a tiny bit and the light pink that blooms over his forehead and down his nose when he talks about something he has a passion for.

Namjoon makes a turn and Taehyung is slightly disappointed when he realizes that they made it to his neighborhood which means his time with Namjoon ends here.

Taehyung points to a brick house with flowers planted in the front yard and a cat meowing in the front steps.

"We should hang out sometime to talk more about this," Taehyung says as he unbuckles his seat belt and smiles at Namjoon.

"Yeah, and uh wait," Namjoon grabs a post it and a pen as he jabs in messy handwriting a few numbers and his name underneath it, "Here's my number. You know. Just in case you need some more help with your research."

Taehyung's grin brightens as he grabs the sticky note, "Thanks! I'll text you in a bit so you can save my number."

He grabs his backpack and shoves it over his shoulder as he gets out the car and waves at Namjoon.

He watches from his front steps as the BMW slowly reverses and then disappears from view when he makes the curb.

Taehyung takes his phone out from his pocket and sends the number Namjoon gave him a text.

Taehyung:

drive safely :)

When Taehyung has finished eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and when he's drying himself from the shower and he's about to fall asleep he hears the ring from his phone.

Namjoon:

sleep tight

Taehyung hears rap music playing in his dreams that night.