•U•

Lacie's Pov

Today I woke up early. It was probably my anxiety. I decided to not waste time and go take a shower. But before I got out of the bed I started to stretch my arms and, forgetting that I had a living being next to me, my arm hit Finn's face.

"What the f- What time is it?" He asked, confused, with a husky voice.

"Early. I'm going to take a shower and you can go next." I say in a demanding tone.

I got in the shower, the water running and I just stood there, thinking. I didn't like to meet people, I wasn't very sociable so High School was going to be hard, especially because I used to be homeschooled. In movies, High School seemed like hell so I was a bit worried. I didn't have any friends, except for Finn but I didn't want to follow him everywhere. I was independent and I didn't need a dumb idiot thinking that I was relying on him. The time passed and I didn't notice that I was trapped between my thoughts, once again. I quickly manage to wash my hair and got out of the shower. 

"There are towels in the cupboard and the sham-" I say as I enter my bedroom.

"What happened to your skin?" He cuts me off, sounding worried.

I look at my arms and see that I have red spots all over my skin.

"Shit" I growled grabbing a cream from my dressing table.

"Do you want me to call your dad?" He said not knowing what to do.

"What? No. This is normal. I have a heat allergy." I said as I rubbed the lotion.

"Really? I have something similar! That's why I'm so pale." He says, almost seeming... proud.

"What a coincidence!" I say ironically, faking a smile.

He smiled as a response and lead himself to the bathroom. How could he be so naive? Seriously this dude was driving me insane.

I got dressed and started to dry my hair. Normally, because of the noise of the blowdryer, I would sing, knowing that no one would be listening. I turned off the blowdryer but my singing continued. I immediately stop when I see Finn, only with a towel around his waist, leaning against the wall, smiling.

"I like your voice." He said with that stupid smile of his.

"Yeah, I like my voice too," I said mocking him. "Aren't you gonna get dressed?"

"I won't if you don't want me to." He answers smirking.

"Well but I'm begging you."

"Why? Am I too hot?" He says, full of himself.

"Yes, Finn. You're extremely hot and if you don't cover yourself up I won't be able to contain the lust I feel for you." I say in the most ironic way possible.

He rolled his eyes and entered the room, and as soon as he did, I got out, to give him privacy. I was thinking... he didn't look bad, he grew up since the shows he did a couple of years ago but his personality ruined his looks. If he would just keep his mouth shut...

We both got down to eat breakfast and twenty minutes after we were ready to leave. I get the car keys, say goodbye to my dad, and get to the garage.

"Hey, can you drive? I'm kinda nervous and really don't feel like getting us in a car crash." I said handing him the keys, my hands shaking.

He gladly took them and we got in.

During the car ride, I was terrified, I started to crack my knuckles and bite my nails but the anxiety wouldn't go away. I feel the car stopping and I knew that this was it. Good or bad, my first day in High School was gonna start. We get out of the car and my face is even more pale than usual.

"Are you okay?" Finn asked looking at me like I was some kind of zoo animal.

"It's just that I've never been to High School before. I was homeschooled." I say looking down, avoiding eye contact.

"Well... this is gonna be fun." He says walking faster.

"Hey... What do you mean?" I say as I see him disappearing in the crowd.

I thought I wasn't ever going to say this but, I needed that idiot Wolfhard.