•T•

Lacie's Pov

I was more excited the next day because of Aaron. Finn introduced me to his friends and Aaron joined the party. He told us jocks were a bit... unaware of... everything.

A week later...

As usual, I woke up at 6:00 AM, took a shower, got dressed and went downstairs to get breakfast. No one was home, which was weird because, as strange as it sounds, Stephanie was the one who made breakfast. I turned around and saw a note on the fridge:

"Stephanie and I aren't going to be home until tomorrow morning so, Finn offered to take you to school. Behave. Love you. "

While I was reading the note, I heard a knock on the door. I made my way to the entrance hall and opened the door.

"Good morning sweetheart!" The curly-haired boy says, walking in and pulling me into a hug.

"Dude, what the hell?" I say as I try to get away from his grip.

"What? I'm needy..." He says looking down and pouting. "for you" He continued, winking.

"Whatever... Isn't it a bit early to go to school?" I ask, worried because I haven't even brushed my hair.

"Well, about that... My dad had to leave early and he took the car so we have to walk to school." He says looking at the floor, almost seeming... ashamed.

I felt bad. I knew how it was to have irresponsible parents I mean, I'm experiencing it myself. My mom hasn't called these last weeks. I know that, from the clinic, she can only call on Thursday afternoons, so I sit near the phone for around an hour waiting for her to call. She probably forgot that she has a daughter. I knew what it was to feel abandoned, so I felt like I needed to do something to cheer him up, to comfort him.

"Are you okay?" I ask carefully.

"Yep, it's just that, since my parents got divorced, my dad seems, distant..." He answers still in the same position.

By impulse, I put my arms around his neck and, at first, he's reluctant but, after a few moments, I feel his hands resting on my back. It felt good. And it was weird because this guy couldn't be more annoying but, just by themselves, my lips crashed into his.

He didn't do much in the first seconds but, when he realized what was happening so he quickly responded, kissing me harder. He heated the kiss by adding tongue. My hands were in his hair, tugging it a bit, as his hands were traveling through my back. He picked me up, my legs were around his torso and his hands on my ass. He sat me on the counter and started to kiss my neck. I pulled away, trying to process what had happened. The only thing I could say between my gasping breaths was:

"Just physical right?"

And, with emptiness in his eyes, he answered:

"Right. Just physical."

"Come on, we'll take my car." I say as I pull his arm with me.

The way to school was quiet. We occasionally would glance at each other, but no word came out of our mouths. The moment we arrived, I made my way to the lockers and Finn met up with his friends.

I closed my locker and I saw Aaron, leaning against the one next to mine.

"Hey!" I say smiling.

"Hi! What class do you have now?" He asked with his smooth voice.

"Literature. You?"

"Same! Walk with me milady?"

"Of course sir!" I say as we interlace our arms like an old couple.

We arrived in the classroom and sat down. Aaron sat in front of me but I couldn't stop staring at Finn. He was talking to another girl. She was one of those cliches. Long, large blond curls on her hair, tall, skinny, probably a cheerleader. She was constantly touching him and a flame of rage was forming on my stomach. He seemed interested but I swear that I saw him looking at me for a second... But why do I care? I have Aaron sitting in front of me and I'm thinking about Frog Face? Idiot...

My thoughts were cut off by my phone. Someone texted me. Finn.

Over text

Creepy Neighbour: Meet me at my house after school ;)