•S•

Lacie's Pov

Finn was erased from my sight. Not knowing what to do, I rushed to the principal's office. I knocked twice and I heard a voice telling me to come in.

"So you're the new student? Lacie?" The principal asked and I responded with a nod.

He was a short man, grey hair and he wore glasses. He received me with a smile, which I found comforting, and started to ask loads of questions.

"How long have you been here?"

"Since yesterday" I answered shyly.

"Do you know anyone yet?"

"I met my neighbor Finn... Wolfhard."

"Oh, Mr. Wolfhard! What a pearl you got there!"

I just gave him a weak laugh so I wouldn't look rude.

"Well, I'll have the student's council president to show you around. He's probably outside waiting for you."

"Thank you!" I say as I get up and walk away.

I got out of the office with a paper on my hand. Before I could read it with attention, someone took it from my hands. I looked up with an angry expression trying to hold back the fear. In movies, when this happens, it's probably someone that is gonna bully you and I didn't want to be a victim so my reflex was to put on a badass expression so that the person couldn't mess with me. When I got to see who's in front of me, my expression changed completely. I see a tall boy, light black skin, wearing a green and grey varsity jacket and one big smile.

"I'll take you there." He says, holding the paper and still smiling.

We got to the locker, opened it and turned to me.

"Thank you! I'm Lacie by the way!"

"Aaron!" He said as we shook hands. "So... Do you know anyone around here?"

"Well, I've met my neighbor. You probably know him."

"Oh really? Who is he? "He asked curiously.

"Finn Wolfhard."

"Oh, Finn! He's a funny dude" He said, still with his blinding perfect smile.

"Well, I guess we can say he is... But that idiot just left me alone in the middle of this place so next time I see him he has a high probability of being punched." I say a bit annoyed but with a playful expression.

He chuckled but changed the topic right away.

"Do you have your schedule with you?"

"Yep" I answered handing it to him.

He started to smile after analyzing it.

"What?" I ask, curious.

"Nothing. Do you want to sit with me at lunch?" He says as he hands the paper back to me.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Well, I'll pick you up from class then. See you later!"

I wave at him as I watch him walk away. Then I stood there, not knowing what to do.

"I forgot I had to take you to class."

I look back, smiling, but I see that it's just the principle, the smile immediately fading into a disappointed expression. The classroom was near so we just got to walk for a bit but the awkwardness kept there. The small man knocked and, without an answer, opened the door.

"Good morning class! Lacie is your new classmate. Treat her good!" He says patting my back, making me clumsily step forward.

I was internally screaming WTF and my face was probably showing it. I saw a free spot in the back row so I made my way there, looking at the floor. I sat down, put my glasses on, and took my notebook and my pencil-case off my backpack.

It didn't take long for someone to start throwing little papers at me. Great! I'm here for less than an hour and I'm already pissed.

I look to the direction that the papers were coming as I raise an eyebrow.

"You look cute in glasses." A familiar voice said.

"Shut up Wolfhard."

"I know you like it, babe." He said while winking.

"Don't call me that! I'm warning you.." I whisper yelled so he would stop bugging me.

"No need to be mad, I'm just treating you good like the principle told us to" he said, winking, probably thinking he made the joke of the year.

Classes went by fast and they weren't so bad. If Finn kept his mouth shut they would be much better but I can't have everything right?

I ignored that idiot and remembered that I was going to be with Aaron in a few moments. He was pretty. Good. Pretty good. And he was super nice and I couldn't wait for the lunch break. I was looking at the clock and now, the only thing I was focusing on was the annoying sound the clock made. Soon the bell rang. I packed my things and quickly went out of the classroom and right when I passed the door I felt an arm resting on my shoulders and I looked up smiling, thinking that was Aaron but, of course, it wasn't.

"Where are you off to baby girl?"

"Somewhere away from you!" I say as slap his hand but, instead of taking his arm off of me, he grabs my hand and our eyes met.

He had a warm smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes that I haven't seen befor-

"Hey!"

I turn around and so does Finn, thinking that the greeting was for him but.

"Hi, Aaron!" I say roughly putting Finn's arm away from me.

"Aaron, my man!" Finn says, shaking his hand in that manly way that dudes think that makes them look cool.

"Wolfhard! We are having lunch together, wanna come?" He says breaking the handshake apart.

"Babe, you didn't tell me you were friends with one of my friends." He says, now with his hand on my waist.

"You guys are dating?" He says smiling, but this smile I didn't like.

"NO!" I almost yell with widened eyes.

"You guys are cute together tho."

"Thank you, man! I wish she'd realize that" he said in a goofy tone.

Finn's Pov

This girl was driving me crazy. Normally girls come to me and won't stop fangirling and always want to be with me but Lacie is different. She makes me want to run after her like a puppy but she doesn't even notices. She seems to like Aaron but I don't want to tell her he's gay. I still have a bit of hope that she will come to me but I have just the plan to make her do that...